What's new

Need some help (1 Viewer)

John_Yanotka

Agent
I just purchased the Sony 60" SXRD television. I am moving into my new place soon,which is a small one bedroom apartment. I would like to also buy a surround sound system to go along with the new television.I just want something simple,that will sound great.My place is not that big and I do not plan to stay there forever,so I dont want to go crazy spending tons of cash there.What should I look at.Should I go with a home theater in a box or can I buy separates and build a nice,decent system that I would be able to build off of if I ever move into a house? Just looking for some ideas.When I was in Best Buy,I just looked through what they had.They had a Bose System with these tiny speakers which sounded fantastic in the store,but I have no idea if they would sound good in my place.Thanks for the help.

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
Depending on your budget...
I just put a Sony box theater in my master bedroom. Its a 5 DVD/Amp combo with sub and 5 sat speakers. sound is really great for the price point. I was really impressed for $350.00.
Go with a brand you trust and you can't go wrong.

John S

Senior HTF Member
The Bose demo's are gear'd to make those bose sound much better than they really do. Most would siggest against them.

Going with speakers that small will generally have serious performance trade offs.

I still like the Onkyo 600 or even better the 700 series HTIB's. They really are just decent quality individual components bundled together. They satisfy most people with your general requirements. Onkyo 770 system, or 780 system in a search engine will get you lots of information.

Other companies make similar quality bundled HTIB's, but I don't have much experience with others, so I tend to suggest the Onkyo's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks