1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need opinions plz

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Dennis-L, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Dennis-L

Dennis-L Auditioning

I have been thinking about upgrading my HTiB to the klipsch rf-35 series. With upgrading i was either going to get 2 fronts and center and use existing receiver (sony str-k502) for awhile or would it be better to upgrade the receiver and work around that, and do speakers last. One more question, while hearing the klipsch i wasn't very impressed with the sub rw-10, would there be any sub around 400-500 range that's bettter.

Also i was wondering how is buying HT equipment online is? I do very often on car audio, but don't know if it is safe and reliable for HT.

2. al lout

al lout Stunt Coordinator

if this is for movies, then concentrate more on the center speaker. I'd invest a little more for the center for movies. Sub around ~500 would be SVS PB10 or DIY sub. Have fun hunting.

3. Dennis-L

Dennis-L Auditioning

Yes, mainly going to be used for movies

4. al lout

al lout Stunt Coordinator

What's your budget? How big is ur room? Audition different brand of speakers. Perhaps, look into some of online brands like swan, axiom, and many more. Or if you can, check on B&W. They sound very nice to my ears.

5. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Denon or H/K goes very well with Klipsch if you do the receiver first. I went with Denon myself. Although I run the reference C-7 for center duty the 35 does very well for the price.

As far as the sub goes, I highly recommend the SVS PB10-ISD in that price bracket. It will make a huge difference.