What's new

Need ideas for tiered seating (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Hi all,

I my home theater, we have 4 powered recliners. For movie nights with friends, we need more seating.

I would love to find the ability to create another row of relatively comfortable seating in front of the recliners.

This is a basement, so there is not enough ceiling height to put the recliners on a platform so the new row of seating needs to be "short"

The only thing I have come up with so far is bean bags.

Does anyone have any other ideas or solutions?

Thanks

chuckg

Supporting Actor
get some chairs and cut the legs down? :P

Bean bags are great! We saved the cushions from some old couches, and use them as pillows for sitting and laying on. And my kid uses them to build impressive sculptures.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
Couldn't you put a riser BEHIND the recliners and put regular theater seats or a sofa on it? A short ceiling isn't as big of a deal for your overflow seating.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What about gaming chairs like this? No legs so you sit low to the ground. I've seen similar models at Wal-Mart and Target for under $50 each. The ones without the electronics built in should be even cheaper.

As for a riser, just put a warning sign on the ceiling or maybe some foam. Once everyone is sitting, it shouldn't be a problem.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks