What's new

Floor lighting ideas? (1 Viewer)

StevenB

Agent
Hello,

I am not sure if this is the area where this question belongs, but in the near future, I will be building a 3-tier stadium seating theatre for my house. I am interested in putting lighting on the floor(steps to see where you are going) but need some direction. The platforms will be made out of plywood, but I would like to do some research on wiring techniques, etc and am not sure exactly where to turn. I have an electrician who will do the work. I just want to make sure I/we go about this efficiently, ie, if a light dies or wiring needs to be repaired, what would be the easiest method to install the lights etc. In other words, if something goes wrong in the future, are there ways in which the lights can be installed that would make things easier for future repairs if necessary? Again, any links or advice on this subject is greatly appreciated.

Steve

P.S. I haven't quite decided on which type of lights, ie, track-tube lighting or just a sconce type of display so I will accept any opinions anyone may have to offer.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
This might belong in the construction section, but two ideas occur to me. At Lowe's or Home Depot, go to the landscape lighting area and look at the fixtures designed to be recessed into the sides of a deck (including on the vertical surface of stair steps: http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...23-71396-AWL-1
Also, look at the "rope lights". You could surface mount them yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks