What's new

Need Help with System (1 Viewer)

Bob.W

Auditioning
First off, Im very new to this so bare with me here. Ive done some research and this is what Ive decided on:

Samsung 27" TV (TXP2734F)
Onkyo Home Theater System (HTS-570)
Pioneer DVD/CD player (DV-578A-S)

This comes to around $800 (without accessories) which is about all that I have to spend. If you want to recommend another product over one of the ones that I have listed, please do...as long as its in the same price range.

Again, Im very new to this so I have some dumb questions to ask:

1. The Onkyo system doesnt have any component inputs. I plan on hooking the receiver to the dvd player using one of the digital inputs on the receiver, then connecting the DVD player to the TV using component inputs. Is this the best way to do it..or is this completely wrong?

2. From what I've read, component inputs seem to be superior when connecting your DVD player. Does it matter what type of connection you make between receiver and DVD player...or do they all produce the same sound quality?

3. Using this system...will I need one of those switches to change from DVD to TV, or will the remote work?

4. Maybe I should have asked this first, but will all those different brands of components work together?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, I'm pretty lost right now.

Thank you for reading,
Bob Walker

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
1. That is best.
2. Same
3. Remote will work, but you may need to hit butons on 2 different remotes.
4. Yes
5. Your not lost at all. Thats a very high bang for buck rig, and you can even check out high res audio if interested (SACD, DVD-A).

Down the road, your first upgrade will need to be the subwoofer.

Bob.W

Auditioning
Thank you for the reply, I hate jumping into things without knowing what's going on. $800 is a lot of money to spend on guesses :D (for me anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks