What's new

NEED HELP with Formatted Drive (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all. I really need some help and I hope someone can come through for me.

Is there a program I can get that could "Undelete" items on a hard drive that has been formatted? I forgot to back something up and if possible, I need to try and get it back. It's not the end of the world, but it is pretty serious.

Thank you for any help.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
If you just deleted them in the recycle bin they could possibly be saved, but after reformatting- that's a different story. All the 1's turn to 0's in a reformat, I think you're screwed. :frowning:

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Adam- That's the reason why everyone recommends burning backup copies of EVERYTHING YOU NEED that's on your hard drive before a reformat. After a reformat, as Scott said, you have lost all data on your hard drive and you start over with a clean slate.

Sean P

Agent
Do a search on "data recovery services" They may be able to recover some of the data, but if they do, it will be $$$$ If you do this, stop using the hard drive immediatly, as you may be writing over the data as you read this.

Belgarath

Agent
Adam,
Your in luck, I use this program for exactly those problems:
Drive Rescue
Not that it happens that much to me, but I seem to be the one all my friends and relatives come to whenever there is a compu-prob. :)
Belgarath

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Thanks for that link. I cant seem to use it though for a formatted drive. It says I can do it in the pro version, but the demo version at least doesn't seem to have any option for recovering a formatted drive...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks