NEED HELP with Formatted Drive

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Sanchez, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Hey all. I really need some help and I hope someone can come through for me.

Is there a program I can get that could "Undelete" items on a hard drive that has been formatted? I forgot to back something up and if possible, I need to try and get it back. It's not the end of the world, but it is pretty serious.

Thank you for any help.

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

If you just deleted them in the recycle bin they could possibly be saved, but after reformatting- that's a different story. All the 1's turn to 0's in a reformat, I think you're screwed. [​IMG]

3. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Adam- That's the reason why everyone recommends burning backup copies of EVERYTHING YOU NEED that's on your hard drive before a reformat. After a reformat, as Scott said, you have lost all data on your hard drive and you start over with a clean slate.

4. Sean P

Sean P Agent

Do a search on "data recovery services" They may be able to recover some of the data, but if they do, it will be $$$$ If you do this, stop using the hard drive immediatly, as you may be writing over the data as you read this.

5. Belgarath

Belgarath Agent

Adam,
    Your in luck, I use this program for exactly those problems:
    Drive Rescue
    Not that it happens that much to me, but I seem to be the one all my friends and relatives come to whenever there is a compu-prob. :)
    Belgarath

6. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Thanks for that link. I cant seem to use it though for a formatted drive. It says I can do it in the pro version, but the demo version at least doesn't seem to have any option for recovering a formatted drive...