What's new

need help with bose (1 Viewer)

Jay_A

Grip
Is there any way I can make bose lifestyle 12 series II sound great? Are there any secrets? My girlfriend surprise me by buying a bose unit from her friend, thinking it will sound better since its a bose. I tried rewiring it but still it doesnt sound right. I dont want to tell that its the only thing I can do, for it might break her heart.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Replace the Bass module with a proper sub
Replace the main units with a av amp
Replace the Bose cubes with 5 high quality speaker set

;-)

I take it you've checked phase?
How is it connected- for stereo or multi-channel only?

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Here's what you do:

1. Buy the wedding ring
2. Propose
3. Buy the new system (hide it 'till after the wedding)
4. Have the wedding
5. Hook up the new system
6. Explain how the new system improves upon the Bose and have her listen and compare as well. Let her have some interaction with your equipment (no, I'm not talking about *that* interaction -- although that wouldn't be a bad idea, either!). This way she'll know what you get you for all those Christmases and Birthdays coming up during your marriage.

Seriously -- a girlfriend that actually buys you home theater gear (even if it's Bose) is a keeper! Her intentions are awesome. I can only hope I get a girlfriend like that one day! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Tell her that the gift of Bose was taken so personal by you that you really feel bad about sharing something this personal with friends that come over. It deserves to be shared only on the bedroom TV where just the 2 of you can
experience the wonderful world of Bose.:wink:

Such private gifts require that they be hidden from plain sight just like that special lingerie!

Now we are forced to go shop for a more suitable HT setup that can be shared by all.

"You have much to learn Grasshopper"

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Jay,
If I were you, I would sell the Bose unit, and replace it with Gallo Micro Speakers and a good receiver (Sony ES, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, HK, etc.)
The Gallos are just as small as the Bose, sound 5x better, and come in a variety of colors, one of which HAS to be your significant other's favorite. So unless she is really attached to the Bose system, I would overhaul the entire thing. Good luck!

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Good suggestions from above :D

Another one you might try is to sell the Bose. Get the money and buy a set of bookshelves/floorstanders. Tell her that you've hidden the Blose cubes inside these other speakers and that the combo produces killer sound :D

Kevin G.

Second Unit
C'mon guys...., He's asking for legitimate help with his CURRENT setup, I don't believe he wants to sell anything (in fear of dissappointing his sig. other...)
Anybody out there that can help with his hookups to get the most optimum performance out of his equip?
I haven't even seen anyone ask what other kinds of equipment he has!!!! Or how it's currently hooked up!!!!

[rant]let's just pile on the poor bastard that asks a "bose" question!!!![/rant]
I think we're beyond that

Kevin G.

Second Unit
C'mon guys...., He's asking for legitimate help with his CURRENT setup, I don't believe he wants to sell anything (in fear of dissappointing his sig. other...)
Anybody out there that can help with his hookups to get the most optimum performance out of his equip?
I haven't even seen anyone ask what other kinds of equipment he has!!!! Or how it's currently hooked up!!!!

[rant]let's just pile on the poor bastard that asks a "bose" question!!!![/rant]
I think we're beyond that

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I totally agree with Kevin.

Jay, if they haven’t scared you off – I couldn’t find any info on the System 12 at Bose’s website, so I don’t really know what if consists of. And you didn’t really get too specific about what you find wrong with the sound, so I’m just taking a guess here.

The Bose systems I’ve heard were really lacking in the low midrange - upper bass region. This is because the tiny speakers they use don’t go that low, and the bass module doesn’t cover that area either. The result is that voices sound kind of thin.

There are a few things you could try to counteract this. You could try putting the bass module in a corner. If that doesn’t help, try increasing the bass control. If you do that, the bass might bet too boomy; if that happens try moving the module away from the wall or corner.

Like I said, it would be easier to make a recommendation if you let us know exactly what you think is wrong with the sound.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I totally agree with Kevin.

Jay, if they haven’t scared you off – I couldn’t find any info on the System 12 at Bose’s website, so I don’t really know what if consists of. And you didn’t really get too specific about what you find wrong with the sound, so I’m just taking a guess here.

The Bose systems I’ve heard were really lacking in the low midrange - upper bass region. This is because the tiny speakers they use don’t go that low, and the bass module doesn’t cover that area either. The result is that voices sound kind of thin.

There are a few things you could try to counteract this. You could try putting the bass module in a corner. If that doesn’t help, try increasing the bass control. If you do that, the bass might bet too boomy; if that happens try moving the module away from the wall or corner.

Like I said, it would be easier to make a recommendation if you let us know exactly what you think is wrong with the sound.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Sell on Ebay for $$$.

Tell GF that house was robbed (sell ugly furniture & TV too)

Use proceeds to buy new stuff.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Sell on Ebay for $$$.

Tell GF that house was robbed (sell ugly furniture & TV too)

Use proceeds to buy new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks