What's new

Need Help with a movie line (1 Viewer)

DennisP

Stunt Coordinator
This has been driving me nuts. Don't even know why I thought of it. But while shaving this morning a recollection of a movie line (not even sure if I remember it correctly) popped into my head..and I can't remember what movie it's from....help!

The line is first said by a girl's father..telling someone or her, "I'll always think of you (her) as my toe-headed butterball"

The line is later repeated by her boyfriend or husband saying something like...."he said he remembers you as a butt-headed toeball" or something like that.

I know this qoute isn't correct..but it's close, and if anyone has seen the movie where it was spoken, should remember some version of that dialog, and I hope the name of the movie.

Thanks to anyone who can answer and put me out of my misery.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
"I'll always think of you (her) as my toe-headed butterball"
Can't help you directly with identifying the movie you're looking for, but I thought I'd point out that, although I get the word play, the script probably had the expression as "tow-headed", no?
One strategy you might try is to search for a site where the texts of scripts are actually put online, such as the "Simply Scripts" site and see whether they have any kind of search engine that would actually help you find quotes from Hollywood scripts. That site doesn't seem to have one, but you could go there and search for "What's related" in Netscape (or the equivalent in whatever browser you may use) and find out whether any of those other sites offers script texts searchable with an engine.
Just a suggestion. May be worth your while?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks