What's new

Need Help to Spend 3k (1 Viewer)

AlvinY

Auditioning
I'm trying to get a HT system going in my bedroom but its quite small (14 x 15 ft). I wanna get a killer system going but I think floorstanding speakers are overkill for such a small room although it wouldn't be out of the question. Mainly I will be using my system for about 80% movies and 20% music. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FeisalK

Screenwriter
let's see.. the Paradigm Blockbuster90 package (2x Cinema90, 1x CinemaCC, 2x Paradigm Cinema ADP, 1x PDR-10)
comes to just under $1K

You might want to replace the PDR-10 with the new SVS PB10-ISD (havent heard this one, but look elsewhere in this forum)

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
What all do you need to get on the $3k budget? Just speakers? Speaker and sub? Speaker, sub, receiver? Speakers, sub, receiver, displa?....

Let us know exactly what the $3k budget will go toward and we can help you out much more.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
For under $3k w/ non-floor speakers in a room that size I would offer up a few suggestions. Regardless of the speakers I would go with a great sup, something like a SVS PC-Ultra for $1150 or one of the PC+ series from $775 fo $875. In a room your size I would go with something in the cylinder series becuase their footprint is much smaller than the box series. The PB10 would be a good smaller box sub but would have about the same footprint as one of the cylinder subs and while still very capable and deep reaching, it wouldn't have the output of one of the more expensive cylinder subs. In a room this size the PB10 would probably be enough but not really in keeping w/ the budget you've set.

Speakers are a bit more subjective than subwoofers so you're really going to need to decide what you like, or atleast what kind of sound you like, and then make your decisions. I'll still make a few reccomendations. I would look at Swan Diva 2.1s for the mains and surrounds at $300 a pair and the matching C3 center for $350. If you want to wall mount the surrounds to help save space you could also go w/ the R3 surrounds for $430 a pair. The Swans Divas are available from www.theaudioinsider.com . I would also look at offerings from Axiom and Onyx Rocket. I really don't think the satelite sized Paradigm Cinema Series would offer the kind of sound you're obviously looking for with this kind of budget. If you're wanting to save as much space as possible by having all of your speakers on the wall then you might look at the Paradigm Monitor On-Wall series.

Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks