What's new

Need Help Now! (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished building my ported Atlas subwoofer. I connected it and powered it up. I turn on some music. I realize that even though they've worked for the past 5 months straight, worked fine last night, even when I got home from work today but the second I am excited about my new subwoofer they don't decide to work. What I'm talking about are my right side speakers. No signal is going to them. All that is coming out of them is a low static sound.

All I did to the system was put new A/V cables from my source to the receiver and run another audio cable from the pre-out to the subwoofer. Then I configured the receiver to know I have a subwoofer hooked up.

I have an Onkyo 601. Why do my right channel speakers not work? Matt

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Also when I play a resonance test my right side speakers still play the bass. What is going on? Matt

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Check all your speaker wires. Chances are that when you changed the interconnects, you bent some wires and are now the right speaker wires are somehow shorted.

Be sure to check the speaker wires at both ends: reciever and speaker.

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
I fixed the right channel deal.

When I play the resonance test all the speakers still receiver the subwoofer level bass signal. Why? Matt

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, even though you're not asking for purchasing advice, this topic has such specificity that it really needs to be discussed in the area devoted to Speakers/Subs. Hence, its new location.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks