1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on some Polk speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris_House, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Chris_House

Chris_House Agent

I am looking to find a new set of mains, and a new center channel to match my Polk R-10s I am currently using as my rears. I have my setup in my (rather small) bedroom, so I am not looking for much. I am looking into the CS-245 for my center, and the rt-35's for mains. How will these speakers match with my r10s? Will the 35s completely overpower the r10s? Are these pretty decent for the price? Any suggestions on where to purchase these? The CS-245 is $200 on Crutchfield, and I am sure I can find it cheaper than that somewhere. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    ------------------
    I am Jack's signature.

2. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

The 245 and RT35s would work fine with the R10s as surrounds, IMO.
    ------------------
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
    [​IMG]

3. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

They won't match EXACTLY, because the R10's use silk dome tweeters and the others use tri-laminate tweeters. But it isn't nearly as important to timbre-match the surrounds as it is the center and mains. The R10's will hold their own with those others, but they won't be quite as bright. They ought to sufficiently kick ass for home theater though!