What's new

NBA IN HD on Directv (1 Viewer)

Todd T

Auditioning
I just read on Directv website that the NBA All-Star game will be shown on NBA TV in HD. Let hope this is a start for more HD programs on Directv. Still waiting for Discovery Channel in HD.

Todd T.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

James Stierman

Stunt Coordinator
Comcast in SE michigan has also pickup up The NBA All-star weekend and game. Theres no press release for it yet but starting this mornning comcast has put up announcenment that it will be on channel 194(NBA TV HD)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Did anyone catch the festivities last night on DirecTV ch 198? I saw the 3-point shootout and the slam dunk contest. The PQ was absolutely phenomenal. I lost audio for about 2 minutes during the 3-pt contest but otherwise it was fine for 2.0. I saw a 4x3 camera and realized that this was also on TNT. So they had two camera crews, and two sets on announcers. The HD broadcast actually got the "A-Team" of announcers, Dick Stockton, John Thompson and Dan Majerle. I really don't care for pro basketball, but after what I saw last night, I will surely be tuning in tonight to watch the game.

Ralph

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I caught it as well after noticing that they had set the channel aside on the programming guide for Time Warner in Kansas City.

It looked wonderful and was great to see. As soon as I heard the announcers mention HD, I was wondering if they might have had two crews. It appears they did.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
AT&T (now Comcast) Digital cable in the Seattle-Tacoma, WA area will also have today's NBA ALL-STAR game broadcast in HD.

Tune to channel 194 @ 5:00 PM (PST) - I can't wait!

Todd T

Auditioning
I caught some of it. Looks great, just wish they would broadcast it in 5.1 sound. I guess it's a start just hope they broadcast the finals in HD!

Todd

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I second the fact that it looked great here in KC on Time Warner. I thought it looked better than the Superbowl did.

Still, nothing looks as good as the highlights of Auburn vs. Alabama on PBS. I wonder why that is.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
It looked great most of the time, but what was the deal with their switching to the low-def overhead camera constantly?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I was trying to show my tv off to my fasha (hehe goldmember) in law and he was very impressed as was i. Although that low def overhead definetly gave you a feel for the difference in normal vs. hd broadcast.
Kick ass game to!.
I wanted MJ to kinda win the game at the last sec....
damn kobe!

RichardK

Second Unit
lakers and knicks in HD on ch.198 tonight via NBA TV...pq and sound are NICE! what gives with the tease? is the nba and directv going to offer a hi def nba league pass next season or something?

either way, how i do find out when the next broadcast is?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks