What's new

Looking to cancel VOOM, Any help (1 Viewer)

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
Looking to cancel VOOM due to little problems that tend to irritate me such as the pixilation situation when you change the channel. You can’t jump from one channel to another when surfing unless you hit the voom button and make the viewable screen smaller. High Def picture is not as good as Directv and I have had DTV HD for over 2 years. No way do any of the channels on HD VOOM beat HDNet. Even the HD Discovery is better. I know the channels are limited but I found myself looking at the same stuff I would have before. Plus no food network. My question is, Does anyone have experience with canceling. Do they pay for un-installing the dish? I figured they didn’t but I was curious. I guess I don’t stop paying until they actually receive the products back? Any help in this process is greatly appreciated.

Oh, one other thing. No Fox Sports Channels or NBA League Pass.

Mike

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the bump.

1. I overlooked the fact that they did not provide the food network.

2. Based on a previous post, the impression I got was that the HD quality was way better than DTV.

3. (not mentioned previously) The sound changes from one channel to another are worse than I thought.

4. There is no way I would have known about the not being able to jump from one channel to another with the surf up and down feature.

5. Sports season is coming around.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Well thanks for the asessment for us non-voom users. I was looking forward to using it someday, but I think I may look somewhere else instead.

I remember reading articles of how VOOM is going to use WM9 or H.264 to replace bandwidth-hog mpeg-2. Any new developments on this issue?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Well all I can say is for me VoOm has way better PQ than D* here in NC and I haven't had any of the other 2 issues either. There's no great change in sound from one channel to the next and I have no problems with it. WM9 is coming sometime this fall as far as I know.

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I hope this is just one isolated incident. I am moving into my first home in the middle of next month. I am really looking forward to having VOOM installed. I've read quite a bit about it since it came out on the market. I am intrigued by the amount of HD programming they actually have... didn't you find anything interesting at all on the HD channels??

What do you mean by that? Are you talking about the quality of VOOM not beating the picture quality of programming seen on HDNet?? Are you simply talking about the overall programming content??

I currently have Time Warner Cable service and get a few channels in HD. Of those, I get HDNet and HDNet Movies. The picture quality of all of the HD channels I get with my cable service are phenomenal... HDNet certainly isn't any different than the quality of INHD or NBC HD or even Discovery HD. As for the programming content of HDNet... *shrug* I would simply say it's OK.

Scott.

Eric_Connelly

Second Unit
I find Voom's PQ to be FAR superior to D*.

I've had my own share of problems, and even though the SD quality again far exceeds D* there is the sparkly problem. However I have an LCD, so SD looks like crap anyways, so the sparklies don't bug me that much, someone on a tube or plasma might feel differently.

If you think you will switch to D* and get better PQ, your in for a helluva suprise. I watched some shows on D* regularly, in SD in any scene that had a color within 50 shades up or down it was just a big ole block of color, they compressed the crap out of their SD signals.

The only thing that effects Vooms HD PQ is the transfer quality, you cannot expect every single HD movie on Voom to look the same. The content they get for HBO/Showtime/etc is based on the feed and quality of the transfer and has nothing to do with them. For the Voom Movie Channels it deppends on the original film used, its amazing what they do with movies from the 50's and 60's but quality does vary, new movies however look great, like Hoodlum the other night.

Its almost impossible ot beat their PQ unless its OTA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks