What's new

Name this tune? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
35 megs? aww, cant you MP3-it or something>>

Heh, I would, but i'm using Cool Edit 2000 to encode it, and not sure HOW to save it or compress it as an MP3. Let alone if it's even possible to do so.

Same goes for Video Files. ATI won't let me encode anything in DIVX, only MPEG..

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
i'm using Cool Edit 2000 to encode it, and not sure HOW to save it or compress it as an MP3
I use the older version "Cool Edit Pro" to make MP3's. It's just a matter of saving as an MP3. Cool Edit 2000 definitely has this feature.

I'm not sure how diferent 2000 is over Pro, but I just do a save as...select MP3 as a file format, then you have many options to choose for compression.

The most common option is 128kbps, 44100 kHz, Stereo, High Quality.

Hope that helps.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
This was used on the original Conan buring the orgy scene.

and in the movie Bolero with Bo Derek. (at Least I think it was her).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, don't watch Conan, but there's some other show or movie that made me rememember that portion of the song. I just can't place it and it's been bugging me ever since :).

Oh, and I checked again, and Cool Edit 2000 dosn't have an MP3 save as feature, or export feature.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Definitely Bolero by Ravel.

The piece was definitely used in '10'. Bo Derek's character liked to um ... do things whilst it was playing in the background. Ravel (though usually a fairly asexual character) would probably have approved, since the piece is meant to represent love making. I was a student at the time the movie first came out, and had the misfortune to live next to a guy who played this whilst 'entertaining' his girlfriend. Judging from the non-musical noises, I would say Chopin's Minute Waltz would have been a more appropriate choice. :frowning:

The following joke was popular (at least in the UK) when the movie was first shown:

Q: What's the world coming to?
A: Ravel's Bolero

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks