What's new

My take.... (1 Viewer)

RalphR

Grip
There's no question that the 5803/9000 combo will be awesome. I doubt very much you'd be able to buy these units together for less than $5000 street. Unless you really want the best of the best you'd be better off going with an Elite 49TX and a DV-47A for roughly $3700. Think of what you could do with that extra $1300!!

I'm sure the 49TX will go toe to toe with the 5803 but the 47A vs. the 9000 won't be as close. I'm just not sold that the 9000 will be so overwhelmly better than the 47A (or whatever new reference dvd player Elite has in the works) to justify paying $1500 more for.

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
There is always the possibility of a 49TX + denon 3800 dvd player for about 3,300. I could use the extra 1700 for a loveseat and recliner!

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
O.k. , we can play the "what we could do with the money saved" game all day long and no one has put the new denon dvd through it's paces but the amplifier differance between the 5803 and the 49...really! I sell both lines and the elite amps aren't up to the level of the denons.Of course as always ,this is just my opinion (shared by TONS of others I work with ) but it doesn't even seem like a close comparison so make sure that $1300 is spent on amps...because if we're strictly talking about their pre-pro abilities then there is room for discussion...

RajeeK

Second Unit
I sell both lines and the elite amps aren't up to the level of the denons.
Matthew,
In what way are you saying the elite amps are not up to snuff compared to the denons? Specifically could you comment on the 49TX which I have, compared to the 5800 (and 5803 which has the same amps). Specs I have seen from Sound and Vision Magazine comparing both these with the same test equipment actually have the 49TX beating the Denon in multi-channel sound with regards to power at clipping. I understand the other pioneers, sans the 47TX/49TX may be different, but these new ones are a completely different animal.

Tony Meconiates

Stunt Coordinator
yea, whats the deal with the amps in the 5803 vs. 49TX.... I was under the impression that the pioneer's were more robust.

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
O.K., I don't want to set anyone off so this is the last time I'm going to state my OPINION on the 2 in comparison ,'cause sound quality is subjective but because of the spec.'s I was hoping for more out of the Elite, but the denon seems TO ME to have more guts and musicality...
Of course, maybe I'm tone deaf :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks