What's new

My Nuance Experience (1 Viewer)

robbieMcD

Auditioning
Hello everyone..

First post. I have been reading for quite a while about Nuance and their weird salesmen. I have been in the "Nuance Room" at Krazy Krazy in Sydney, Nova Scotia twice. First time we watched Fast and Furious, second time was Fast and Furious (same scene) and then followed by the..oh yes, you guessed.. Q-Sound-ed Men Chopping Wood. I found it rather awkword that the two seats in the Nuance room were one in front of another, not beside. My buddy was sitting in front of me, and I couldn't even see the damn movie.. (at least the tv was good). I later realized that I doubt the Q-Sound would image properly if we were off-centered. Another thing I found kind of anoying, every time he would put on a track, he would walk over to the wall (the wall was covered by a Huge Nuance logo, which made me uncomfortable) and step up on a ledge, that ran the whole wall. It was almost as if he was talking down to you.

I think it's time for head-office to burn them a new Q-sound disc, this one was skipping quite a bit, almost no tracks worked except for the Chopping Wood. My buddy asked, what kind of freq. response we looking at on these Grand Universe.. he replies, "Buddy...just use your ears", almost in an insulting manner. Then after a quick movie clip, he asks again How low can these go.. he replies "Oh! They go low..".

I remember being bored out of my mind watching F&F racing clips. I look over at the Tinted glass door, and reading the sign printed on saying "Shh! Do not disturb. Demonstration in Progress!". I am thinking to myself, wow.. they must be demoing these alot. He then shows us the "crossovers" which in his terms refers to the knobs on the back adjusting the crossover levels for those mamoth subs that are built in. I replied "yeah.. those are something else"

So the salesmen is wrapping up the session, and he says you come back (no date given) the Nuance rep is comming down from out west, he wants us to move all of this stock, and hes slashing prices like crazy. I remember getting in the car asking.. did he give us a date for the Nuance rep? *chuckle*..nope..

Closing point, they sounded decent to me, I would buy them if he "slashed" the price to around $350. They are wayyy overpriced, and the salesmen are on one to many drugs.

The "Nuance Baby 3D's w/ Spatial Sound!" on ebay.. these are USED and the starting bid is $650.00 USD, and buy it now is $1,200USD!!!!

Cheers..
robbie

ChrisCan

Agent
It's absoutly disgusting how these Nuance products are marketed. It must be factory authorised because the stories are the same coast to coast.

robbieMcD

Auditioning
Yeah, it seems like all of the posts on here are from International stereo. It is weird how all the stores do the (pretty much) exact same thing to try to sell this garbage.

ChrisCan

Agent
Krazy Krazy and Sound Surround stores are also Guilty!
I'm embarressed this is a Canadian manufacture

Scott_N

Second Unit
Sorry but I don't think I would buy anything from a store named Krazy Krazy but that's just me.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks