What's new

My New Rsp1066 (1 Viewer)

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
So I got the unit last night. Nice looking, cool features. BUT, I am having problems.... First, the most annoying feature. And if anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know!

The display shows what you are listening to (DVD) as well as the source you are recording (lets say CD-even if your not recording) Is there any way to just display what you are listening to? I have been in and out the manual with no luck! Its annoying.

second, the remote is no longer working! The 'menu/OSD' button no longer functions. I had to download the code from Remote Central for my Pronto in order to get into the menu system of the processor.

Third, The unit totally froze on me, I had to unplug it for 30 seconds to get it to run again.

well, if anyone has any clues, please let me know. I am in the process of emailing Rotel tech support-but thought you guys might anser a little faster :D

Thanks!

JP

Chriss M

Second Unit
the problem with the rec out on the display has been fixed in the newest firmware update. the unit will now display the current source and the volume

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone have the most current version they can email me?

and detailed instructions on how to make the wire. The notes at rotel.com aren't the best.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
goto my site for info on how to build an upgrade cable and email me for the most recent firmware (1.49) You will also likely find Club Rotel useful.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Don't know if you have your remote working yet, but if not push the audio button at the top right on the remote. If you don't, it won't do anything.;)

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
Take your Rotel 1066 back to the dealer(if you want) and he can upgrade it for free. He should have made sure the latest upgrade was in the unit. I had the same problem took it to dealer and he did it for free in 20 minutes.

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
yeah i tried that, no dice :)

oh well. I will email rotal support again on monday.

Dave,
I bought the unit direct from Rotel, so I really do not have 'dealer'

Dave Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I never knew you could buy direct from Rotel.Then Rotel "SHOULD have never sent the unit without the latest firmware". Shame on Rotel:angry: I would scream at Rotel
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks