What's new

My flexy rack for big screen (1 Viewer)

John Chevalier

Stunt Coordinator
I completed my first major D.I.Y. project. I made a flexy rack for my 54 inch tv and audio equipment. I am not skilled in any type of woodwork, yet this was simple and easy.

I made 2 cuts of 3/4 inch MDF at 96" wide by 24" deep for the bottom to rest the RPTV on. I added 3 shelves on each side of 24" wide and 16" deep. I also added 2 top shelves of 96" wide by 16" deep. I put 4 5/8 threaded rod 2 inches off each corner and used 2 3/4 threaded rods in the middle for support. I didn't do anything fancy with the paint, I just painted it orange. Dont ask why, it was my wife's idea. This thing is freaking awesome. Now that I built that it makes me want to upgrade what I already have ASAP.

I will try to post pictures up tonight. I need to borrow the digital camera here at work, otherwise i have to get filmed developed to scan. I was wanting to creat a home theater page anyways so I will get started on that.

Thanks or everyone's help that have me feedback and assistance. I hope that if anyone has any questions about my design, they will ask. I would be more than happy to let anyone see my blueprints.

This is the best forum on the planet.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I am very interested in seeing it! I am looking for a shelving solution for my soon-to-be-bought RPTV.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Excellent John. I built one for my 46" Mits and all the gear. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Peace Out~:D

John Chevalier

Stunt Coordinator
Here you go, please let me know if you would like more detailed plans from me. This flexy rack is suprisingly sturdy and it really looks nice and adds character to my apartment. I have horrible pics but i will put some higher quality ones up later as i get the time. Oh yeah, click here for the pics

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i bult a stand and put a row if glass block in the front and put some lights behind it on a dimmer and tiled the top of the stand in high gloss black tiles and put a trim bord around the edge of the top
http://goinggonzo.tripod.com/gonzosworld/id10.html
it is basic fraiming and tile work the hardest thing was geting the plastic track for the glass block to be cut right for the corners but all you have to do is take a 2x4 atach the track to it twice one for top and botom then span from the block wall to the wall with a little overhang for looks put a sheet of 3/4 plywood and tile

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks