What's new

Time for a small Orange County Meet (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

As mentioned previously, I am looking to have a SMALL gathering (in Irvine) over at my small apartment on my "college funded" system.
Actually, the system is set up just for two with a love seat....but I can accomidate some more.
I figure that I can fit: 2 in the loveseat, one on each side, and 2-3 behind. Optimal seating is 2 plus one direcly behind, but we can deal... right? :)
...so at max, 7 INCLUDING myself.
The system isn't large or loud (mini monitors and 27" screen), but all the speakers are DIY of what I consider a fairly high caliber especially for the investment.
IMO, it was designed with a good compromise to music/HT/space.
You can actually see some of it in my sig file. The subwoofer has drastically changed (sold the big one and replaced it with 2 smaller ones), and the room layout has completely flipped.
EDIT: The DVD player has also changed to the RP-91, and the cabling is currently DIY 89259's on the interconnects and speaker cables (the Gomer's don't fit with the new setup). Also ditched the IKEA stand for a Flexy rack.
There are already a few who have expressed interest prior to this post, so they will get priority in line, but if you are interested, just say so below or email me:D
I am looking at having this on Saturday, Dec. 14th. This is after my finals and before research gets too busy.

A

Anthony_Gomez

If this is something you want to do, and Sat does not work for people, then feel free to suggest another day. For me, Sun 15th is just as good as sat 14th. If not one of those days, then it will have to be after Dec and not during CES :)
Lewis, here are some images of the prototype drivers that I am now using. You will have to CUT and PAST the links!!!! (if you want them to work)
http://members.tripod.com/beyond_gomer/12-1.jpg
http://members.tripod.com/beyond_gomer/12-2.jpg
http://members.tripod.com/beyond_gomer/12-3.jpg
http://members.tripod.com/beyond_gomer/12-4.jpg

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Anthony,
Put me down as interested, will have to double check my calender, but I should be free.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Sounds good. Your seat is saved unless you can't make it:)
BTW, Are you the same Dave that was at John's house? (long hair?)

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Yes that was me, but now I have joined the world of short hair people.Hopefully I will have my tumult by then and I can run some designs by you.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Not a problem. I have done MANY tumult designs already :) ...especially linkwitz transforms ones.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Just got an email from Nathan Salazar. IF he can make it, then he might be able to brings some of his other speakers so we can do a little demo as we. He has the 1801's, MB1's, and I think the LS3/5A clone (and others).

A

Anthony_Gomez

Haven't decided on a time. Probably start around 1-2pm. I need to get an idea of who is coming first and what they want to do. :D
My small apartment makes it hard to facilitate full meals like over at Johns house, but I can accomidate snacks. ..so working between meals would be best.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Well...I am at a university:) ..so there are lots of them here of all ages :D ...but this is held right after finals week so many are gone:frowning:....but lots of female grad students are here then:)...though they are probably in the lab:frowning:

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Count me in, are you going to email people the directions and actual time?

Want us to bring anything? The only thing I'll can show ppl in my car is the tempest and 2 ways that should be up and running. You've seen my page so you know what else I could possibly bring if need be.

Edit: We should also burn our favorite Demo CDs, enough for the number of ppl there and do a swap.

What about food, if Anthony collects some money then we'd have some drinks/food perhaps?

A

Anthony_Gomez

I will send out directions when I get a more firm idea on who will be there. I figure people will start to show around 1-2pm. We will probably toy with some music and some movie demos for a while. Nathan might bring some other speakers that we can listen to as well and if you (chris or others) do the same, all is game. I only have a pair of 24" stands, so if those work, then feel free to bring something along. ...well...I do have my subs which function as 28" stands. I would probably suggest against floor stand-ers as I am on the second floor (not the easiest to lug up to).
As for CD's, I have a decent sized collection, but not very much jazz and older stuff. I do have Richard Greene's Audition CD mix that is pretty nice (with a good amount of quality Jazz). If people bring their own CD's, I do have a burner that we can use to make CD's in about 5 minutes each. (legal note :D: I only make mixes using songs that "you" already own ;))
As for food, I am currently stocked for just myself (since I am the only person living here till my fiance moves in in late december)....but that doesn't mean we can't do something:) ..I do cook...somewhat :D
Edit: I am a food whore, so "stocked for myself" is really an understatement.
Cris, Craig, Dave, Juan, Nathan, and Me.
That is 6. Room for maybe 1 more.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I can bring some Book shelf speakers if you want, they are Divas 2.1's. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks