What's new

My Brothers House Burned Down (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
upload_2018-11-24_12-54-28.jpeg

My brother and his life and a cat lived in Magalia, a small town 10’ North of Paradise. They got out fine, but their house is gone. What’s left is what you see. My wife and i spent some good times in that house. David and Lori were in that house for over 25 years. So many momentoes of memories are gone. Thinking of the photos is heart breaking.

But they are safe, living with their daughter in Chico, and are insured.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
:eek:

The sheer amount of devastation in those fires, Johnny, is beyond comprehension. It's great that your brother and wife are okay.
We agree, it’s great they are ok.

They’re in California and we’re in Arkansas. We get up every morning at 5:45 with NPR news. When we heard Paradise was destroyed we gasped. I didn’t call them because it was 3:45AM in CA. I didn’t want to wake them. Now isn’t that an stupid thought. At 9 or 10 called their land-line and the message made me think the lines were down and same with cell phone.

We texted one of their daughters and she confirmed they were okay. So within 4 hours of first news of the fire, we knew they were ok. We didn’t have to suffer days of doubt.

I didn’t call also because I was confident they already knew about the fire. Then I talked to Lori. The first they knew of the the fire was when they stepped out their front door and saw people evacuating. Bizarre as it may seem I could have been the first one to notify them of the fire. If I’d called, they would have had a little more time to pack essentials.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wow! Sorry to hear your extended family lost their home to the fires!

I have friends (haven't been in touch for a number of years) in the Thousand Oaks area. I'm hoping they're ok.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
heartbreaking. I was reading about Paradise just the other day. That town was 3 times the size of mine. I just couldn't find a way to think of what happened.

Sorry that happened to them. I know you'll help them through it. Glad they got out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks