What's new

Multi-zone system for a bar (1 Viewer)

IBourgal

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian
I am trying to put together a stereo system for a small brew pub.

The inside is 47x32, the patio is 40x8.

I would like to have 2 zones inside the room, in order to be able to lower the music on one side or the other from an iPad. The patio could be connected to one of the zones, or be its own zone if I can afford it. There will be a total of 6 speakers inside and 2 on the patio.

I have been looking for an amp that has at least 2 zones, and plan on using Sonos Connects for each zone.

The sources will be a direct tv and a pandora for business box.

I would love some suggestions for amplifiers and speakers that could help me achieve this with a modest budget.

Thanks!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You didn’t give us an idea of what your idea of a “modest budget” is, but you should be looking at commercial audio gear, not consumer. Consumer electronics, especially amplifiers, are not designed to run for multiplied hours on end. A commercial system can easily be designed to accommodate your operational expectations, such as independent volume and iPad control.

In addition, stereo is not the way to fly for a system like this, which is why commercial installations are always mono. Multiple speakers like you’re proposing are best done with a 70-volt system.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

IBourgal

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian
It would be great to achieve this for $2,000.00 if possible. Do you have any suggestions for speakers and amps?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
With your budget you’re probably going to have to stick with used gear. TOA is a decades-long established and well-regarded maker of 70-volt commercial electronics. Really reliable stuff, you can find it dirt cheap on ebay. Their equipment is very configurable for lots of different scenarios, but I have no idea how to set it up to accommodate your needs. One guy I know who has a lot of experience with 70-volt systems recommends that since these are background systems and not for critical listening, to get the cheapest speakers you can find and outboard equalizers to improve their sound.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks