What's new

Multi zone setup help (1 Viewer)

Serafin Sanchez

Auditioning
I need some help trying to set up a multizone home theater system. I have 5:1 in the main room of the home and I have 4 exterior speakers by the pool and cabana area. I've set this up before but with only 2 external speakers on the 2nd zone. It's been a while since I've set up a system but I have noticed that technologies have changed big time. I am upgrading my amp. Is the best way around this getting a receiver/amp that has three zones versus two, or is there another configuration that I can use keeping in mind budget. Thx!

3zone

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
If it were me, I'd get a three zone capable avr and some impetance matching volume control knobs. The new avr's can control the source of three or more zones via phone app. This can all be done on the very cheap but not give up a lot of quality.

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
4 speakers meaning 2 pairs or 4 pairs?

I agree with 3zone, you can get an impedance matching speaker selector with volumne knobs at a decent price from Monoprice and have enough outputs to add more speakers around the house, you know, future proofing...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks