What's new

Mr. Majestyk (1 Viewer)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
"You get away from my melons!"

I'd love to see this and The Mechanic on DVD. Best of the '70's tough-guy Charles Bronson movies.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Angry Bad Guy: I have a melon to pick!
Charlie Bronson: Go ahead. Eat my melons!
Charlie Bronson: I know what you're thinking punk, did he pick 6 melons or only 5....;)
Classic 70's Bronson, good fun movie, 'Death Wish' was his best 70's movie IMO.

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Probably my favourite line in the movie was when they were in the bar after the Bad guy was let go of charges, Bronson walked up to his table, said I can see we are not going to get a long and slugged him out of his chair, and then pointed to a cop if the guy wanted help...;)
Nice straight talking kind of guy!
G2

Mark Hammon

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy both THE MECHANIC and MR. MAJESTIC (AS LONG AS THEY WERE BOTH OAR!). I have the MGM Widescreen LD of THE MECHANIC and hope Columbia/Tristar will release MR. MAJESTIC. I would buy it in a heartbeat (again as long as it was OAR)!

It's interesting that Columbia has given us BREAKOUT and THE EVIL THAT MEN DO (I purchased both!) but not MR. MAJESTIC. I'm hoping that it is next. I figured that MM would have been more profitable than TETMD.

Another interesting side note is that Ford is using the famous Yellow Ford Truck jumping scene from Mr. MAJESTIC in it's truck commercials again. Back in the late 70's Ford used that scene to sell it's trucks as being tough. There is no mention of the film in the commercial (now).

Tom B. Stones

Stunt Coordinator
How about this? Due out in little more than a week on February 4th. :D
According to DVD Empire, it's mono and "Widescreen 1.85:1 Color (Anamorphic) / Standard 1.33:1 Color".
And it's barely over $9 delivered (well, for those of you who live in the US) from www.deepdiscountdvd.com . :)

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Pre-ordered with DeepdiscountDVD, haven't gotten word of shipping yet, which should be soon so it reaches me by the street date...not a word about Remo Williams though, sure wished that would also come to dvd soon!

G2

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Dudes-

you're asleep at the wheel, er...remote.

Both the mechanic and mr. majestyk are out on dvd.

I bought both of them for $9.99 at circuit city a couple of weeks ago.

-Miles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks