What's new

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: Telefon (1977) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Telefon_BR_PS_72dpi_766x.jpeg

The Cold War gets hot as master of action & violence Don Siegel (Dirty Harry) presents TELEFON, a thriller of international intrigue coming to Blu-ray January 9. TELEFON (a KGB codename for a chilling Soviet plan to blow key US military targets clear off the map) stars Charles Bronson, Lee Remick and Donald Pleasence as hard-nosed players in a hot-and-cold game of spy vs. spy.

Bonus Features for Blu-ray

• NEW 2023 Scan From The Interpositive
  • Theatrical Trailer
January 9, 2024

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Oh my goodness - this is a trip down memory lane! I remember vividly seeing the trailer for this before Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo, at a tender age. The tag-line in the trailer was "Telefon.....your next phone-call, could be your LAST!" My Mum clenched her teeth and said, "Well, we're certainly not going to see that rubbish!"

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Bronson is great in it. A role that brings out his intelligence, imagination and sensitivity. And of course, it's directed by Siegel.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Lee Remick is the hook!
I forgot Lee Remick was in the film! I adore her, but thought her role was perfunctory. Of course, it's been almost fifty years. I saw it at Loew's 83rd, just before they turned it into a multi-plex. It looked magnificent on that huge screen. Now I have the opportunity to re-evaluate her performance.

84lion

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alan McKown
You, sir, have just made my day! (And I'm not Clint Eastwood! :biggrin:) This is a huge favorite of mine, as I've mentioned in other threads. That new scan should beat my Warner Archive DVD of Telefon to pieces. Don't know if I'll do a pre-order or not...is Amazon the best place for price on Shout titles, or is someplace like Deep Discount a good source?

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep," which includes FINALLY watching this movie looking gorgeous in HD!

Real Name
Delmo
Shame there's no Paul Talbot commentary on this or ST.IVES. According to Talbot, he was asked but Shout Factory! didn't give him enough time.

84lion

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alan McKown
I have been eagerly anticipating this one, and have been checking pre-order prices at Amazon and on Google, which had a link to the Shout Factory site (disc is "on sale" for $27.99 "pre-order" BTW), but I was a bit disappointed to see that this release will not include closed captions/subtitles, and will only include the theatrical trailer as the sole "extra." I suppose I could port over the subs from my DVD copy of Telefon, but that assumes that both presentations would be exactly the same.

I am not a major film buff, so when Shout says it was "scanned from the interpositive," I assume that should result in a really great look for this film on Blu Ray? I assume the "interpositive" would be as pristine as one could get, and shouldn't have any scratches or blemishes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks