What's new

Moving a Big RPTV (1 Viewer)

Chris Huber

Second Unit
Hey guys. I am moving into my 1st house and I need to move my TV. I was wondering how you guys have done this before. I was thinking to put the TV in the Uhaul in the front corner with the screen to the wall. I'll put packing blankets all around the TV before placing it in there. I'll also tie a rope around it so it doesn't slide.

Do you guys have any better ideas or stuff to avoid?

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Bubble wrap!
Does your screen have a hard protector over it? My Toshiba is just the lenticular screen, so I'm so paranoid about it my wife has said, "We won't move it when we move. I'll just buy you a new one and we can sell this with the house."

But seriously, I would invest in some rolls of bubble wrap at Lowe's and wrap that rascal in addition to the blankets. Can't hurt. (I don't think).

Good luck!

-Joe

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I moved my 57" Sony a few months ago. It has no protection for the screen whatsoever - just a panel of glass whose edges extend beyond the borders of the cabinet. I did much as you suggested - wrapped it in several moving blankets, placed in the forward corner of the truck, and tied to the sides. However, I had my screen out, towards the middle of the truck and put my mattress up against the screen side (nice, pillowy top, too) and then the box spring after that. Not a scratch on ithe set when all was said and done.

Good luck with your move.

-Jason

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I moved my 56" Toshiba last year and the movers did just like Jason: Wrapped the whole thing in blankets and duct tape, put it in front side out and put the mattress in front of it to protect the screen. Not a scratch on it and barely had to reconverge.

matt-f

Second Unit
Definately have blanket and bubble wrap. Not sure how many laters, maybe 3-5 round right?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I moved TV's for around 6-8 months as part of my job in the repair industry. We used a dolly and ratchet straps along with blankets. Never ever an issue. This was all moved in a smaller uhaul like truck. I think we used 2 blankets(thick ones) at the time. These were more like quilts..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks