What's new

Is it safe to have my new APC 900VA UPS Battery Up next to my CRT RPTV? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi guys,

picked up a APC 900VA UPS Battery Up from BB over the holidays and only got around to taking out of the box about 2 weeks ago.

Figured I would use it for surge protection and a a back up for my cablebox/HD PVR.

However I got to thinking, boy this is one big box, I wonder if there is a big magnet in here just waiting to mess up my TV!!!

So that is the question. I have a Tosh 65" CRT RPTV and this is on the floor next to it between the TV and the stand that holds all my components (Players and cablebox).

Is this safe? Or should I find a way to move it further away. How far should it be?

thanks in advance for your help!

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
And anyway, you can't really do damage to an RPTV with magnets. It's not the same as a direct view. You're only likely to have some minimal affect on convergence, if anything, and that's not problematic except in terms of image quality.

Rolando

Screenwriter

Well effects on PQ would be very problematic! :eek:

But I get what you mean, if it affects convergence that can be corrected via user menu so not a big concern.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks