What's new

Movies that SHOULD'VE had a sequel...but didn't (1 Viewer)

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Okay this one is diffrent. Instead of doing promised sequels this deals with films that we WANT to have a sequel. Wheter it's been promised or written off. Also this should focus on films at least 3 years or older. Writing that you want SWAT 2 really dosen't count because, hey, that could be announced next week. Here's my list

Gremlins 3

Monster Squad 2

Ghostbusters 3

Roger Rabbit 2

Black Christmas 2

Dead and Buried 2

Killer Klowns 2

Ferris Bueller 2

That's my list. Anyone else hav somelong-forgotten filmthey're dying to see continued?

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
The Matrix - What a great movie. I would have love to have seen a sequel and so sad they never made one. :D

Peace,

DM

Michael Pompey

Auditioning
My List would be:

Blade Runner

Dune

StarGate

Abyss

Pitch Black - Note, Chronicles of Riddick doesn't count. It doesn't take place on the same planet)

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I agree with Gremlins and Ghostbusters. I always wanted a sequel to Super Mario Brothers (I wanted to know what Daisy was talking about at the end of the film). Betelgeuse 2, Mad Max 4 and another Escape From... also would have been nice.

James T

Screenwriter
King Conan, damn it. None of that HHH rumour crap.

I'd also like a new Batman Beyond movie. They left too many holes and unanswered questions in Return of the Joker(I guess b/c they meant to explain it in another movie or in the series).

I don't like the idea of a Ghostbusters sequel. Part 2 had a great idea with the ghostbusters being washed up and then called back to duty, and the cartoon series expanded the universe by making the original cast old timers and bringing in new faces to do the ghostbusting. So what's left to do in a third part?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
How about a new Batman? Oh, they're already making it?

I loved Die Hard. Maybe they can...Oh, that's in the works too?

Indiana Jones? Predator? Superman? Surely those aren't being resurrected? They are? Nevermind.

Well then, how about a sequel to The Last Starfighter. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Black Christmas and Dead and Buried, two of my favorite films of all time, should remain stand alone films if you ask me. They are 100% perfect as they are, and should remain that way. Sequels, especially in the case of Black Christmas, would just mess with the power of the brilliant originals.

Sequels I would like to see:

Society 2- The first is a huge favorite, and a lot more could be explored here.
My Bloody Valentine 2
Killer Klowns From Outers Space 2
Predator 3
Final Destination 3

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
My bloddy valentine 2???? Why?

The second Final Destination was exactly the same movie as the first and not even half as good.
No more!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The rumoured sequels to Unbreakable. Having made the superhero origin story, it would be good to see the story progress.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
True Lies

I know we were supposed to get a sequel, and it was almost there pre 9/11. But now it looks like it will never come.

Dumb & Dumber

A true sequel with Carrey and Daniels. None of that prequel stuff. :frowning:

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

I always thought a follow-up to this film would be cool to see...I loved the original.

And what about...dare I say it...a sequel to Close Encounters?

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
How about a South Park sequel? I'm actually surprised they haven't made one yet, considering the success and popularity of the first film.

RickGr

Second Unit
When Worlds Collide.

Movie is 50 years old and they have never filmed the second book AFTER WORLDS COLIDE.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

Clay, this was covered in the other similar sequel thread.

There is a direct to video sequel coming sometime this year It is titled Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks