What's new

Movies that SHOULD'VE had a sequel...but didn't (1 Viewer)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Mr. Shadow (the sequel to The Fifth Element)!!! I've been waiting for this to get developed for awhile, sadly, not so sure it will be.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
1) Deep Rising
2) Species 3 (Something to make us forget the awful "Species 2"!)
3) Mystery Men 2
4) Independence Day 2
5) Galaxy Quest 2
6) John Carpenter's "The Thing 2"
7) THEM! (maybe a remake of this great "giant ant" movie)
8) Streets of Fire 2 (I enjoyed the original. I would love to see more of that "world").

Someone mentioned that Leon/The Professional 2 was gonna be about the girl from the 1st movie.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Triumph of the Will 2: A German Dictator in Paris

Think of it... o/ I've got Poland, I've got Lib-ya, I've got Poland, I've got Lib-ya. Who could ask for anything more? o/

(I know this is bad taste, but it was hard to resist.)

James Sarno

Stunt Coordinator
How About...
Basket Case 2
loved the original;)
Pumpkinhead 3
part 2 left a bad taste in my mouth
Se7ven 2
why not?
Jacob's Ladder 2
or an updated version
The Fog 2
the killer pirates are back!
Beat Street 2
vs. jlo on the 6 train;)
The Abyss:The Adventure Continues
again...why not

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Oh I forgot! Even though the would never be made and would destroy the merits of the orginals I have to say:

Brazil 2

12 mnokeys 2

The Shining 2
And I have a really strong feeling Stephen King is going to do something major with Danny Torrance, the child from the Shining, in the future. Read Black House and the Dark Tower series and you'll agree with me.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
A follow-up or prequel to The Big Lebowski would be great. The Dude and Walter are such great characters.

Alan Sillioe who wrote the novel Saturday Night Sunday Morning wrote a sequel to it called Birthday, in which Arthur Seaton is now 70 years old. It's a superb read; it would make a great low-budget British film.

I also think it would be great to revisit Travis Bickle's life in the modern age.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Conan - the original idea to have a new film every few years
Nightbreed
The Rocketeer

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron

The funny thing is that I picked up the special edition of "Triumph of the Will" last night. As for the sequel, didn't Mel Brookes make a movie that has a Hitler music and dance number in it? Not "The Producers", but another movie.

Kudos for the South Park sequel! I'm still laughing at what I saw in the first movie! "Behold my glory! I am the Clitoris!" :laugh:

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
AICN once published a rumour that the Coens were going to make a movie about Jesus Quintana. Good thing it was on AICN, and thus completely untrue, because I would hate a film like that. Jesus was a cool character, but I cannot see a film about him working.

(By the way, am I the only one who doesn't believe Walter's story about how Quintana was a child molester. Everyone talks about it as if it were fact, whereas I doubt whether Walter is a reliable source of information.)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
The Rocketeer

getting optioned by Disney was a blessing and a curse.
on the one hand they were actually serious about getting the movie made and released, while on the other the material became far more compromised to fit a demographic profile that just wasn't interested in it.

with all the expositional elements out of the way, a second movie could have been a real hoot, especially with the great cast and production values they had for the first film.

a big shame.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

Remember Walter was only wrong about two major things in the film: the car and Lebowski's disability. So he could be right. He's paranoind enough to have someone check out Quintana's past. Jesus does seem like a pervert. I believe it.

I thought of another one: Lost in Space. I liked the movie. It wasn't amazing but it was entertaining. I'd like another.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
But on top of that, he was always full of all comments like "I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish" which make me wonder also about his reliability.

There's no doubt that Jesus is weird, quite possibly a pervert, but I suspect that he was just repeating a story someone told him.

Paul W

Second Unit

I think Matt and Trey have stated that BLU was an exercise in pissing off the MPAA and that they wouldn't want to do another movie after that.

Maybe if their outlook on life changes, it would be nice to see them make a movie, just to make a movie.

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
The Warriors. I've wanted a sequel to that since 1979 :) Problem is, the original gang members are all much older now ;)

As for sequels I'd like to see :emoji_thumbsup:

Finding Nemo 2: Blinding Nemo in which Nemo has grown up and while taking a leasurely swim is suddenly jabbed in the eyes by a ruthless swordfish! :D

Okay, now that's just SICK!! :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks