What's new

Movies that SHOULD'VE had a sequel...but didn't (1 Viewer)

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
  • Planes, Trains and Autombiles. Candy and Martin were so perfect together.
  • Speed. I don't count that crap that was Speed 2.
  • Maverick. Thought that bunch (Foster, Garner, Gibson, etc.) was great together.
  • Basic Instinct. One of those times when an actor truely became a character. Would have loved to have seen Sharon Stone as Catherine Trammel (sp?) again.

Lastly, while watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation last month, I started wishing there would be another Vacation movie. Something a lot better than Vegas Vacation obviously. I'd like to see the original cast (including Anthony Michael Hall and Dana Barron) back together. Sure it wouldn't be a cinematic masterpiece, but possibly fun to watch. I heard about the Cousin Eddie TV-movie after the fact. I'm glad I missed it, I hear it was really bad.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'll take Ghostbusters 3, South Park 2, Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2, and I'll add 1 that hasn't been mentioned yet that I noticed, Toy Story 3.
There reportedly is an idea in mind for the Toy Story 3, and I really liked it and hope that it gets made if? Disney/Pixar ever reach an agreement on a new contract.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
The Sword and the Sorcerer
Unbreakable
The incredible shrinking man
Gigli (just kidding):D
The Long Kiss Goodnight (I can see Eliza Dushku taking over the role as Charli Baltimore)

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

And what exactly do you have against Geena Davis? I would also be keen to see a sequel, but if only Sam Jackson is in it...those two were a hoot together.

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to see 2061: Oddessy Three made into a movie. Sure 2010 didn't hold a candle to the original, but I found it entertaining. Plus, I think A. C. Clarke has really great ideas in his novels that would translate to screen effectively.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
True Lies 2
Ghostbusters 3
Innerspace 2
Toy Story 3
The Mummy 3
Total Recall 2
Terminator 4
Star Trek 11
Star Wars 7-8-9
Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2
Men in Black 3
Stargate 2
Galaxy Quest 2
Planet of the Apes 2 (Mark Wahlberg)
Mars Attacks 2
Evolution 2
A Bug's Life 2
Godzilla 2 (Mathew Broderick Version)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Predator 3
is the one I really want to see.
True Lies 2

Stargate 2
.. I dont know if they will do this with the TV series.

Also I have heard rumors of "Rendevous with Rama" coming in 2001 but it never came. I want that movie REALLY REALLY BAD!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
The idea of another Galaxy Quest movie interests me, but where can you go with it? I'd watch it though, definitely.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit

Nothing. The role just requires alot of athleticism and since the movie is a few years old and Geena is a little long in the tooth. I just think the sequel could be re-vamped to accomodate a younger, hotter, childless, semi-sociopathic assassin/superagent. If done right Newline could have a very successful new franchise on its' hand.

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
The Rock 2 - Goodspeed needs to inlist the help of Mason to get the Gov. off his back after they find out he is in possesion of the microfilm.

Grosse Pointe Blank 2 - The Gov. has known about Martin being an assasin, but has been quiet because he can implicate the government in the numerous "illegal" assasinations he performed for them. The Gov. decides to blackmail Martin for one last job. Martin decides to do it but must be careful because he has promised his new wife Debi that he is going straight.

Sneakers 2 - This was just such a fun movie that I would love to see the gang back for another caper. (pity about River Phoenix though.)

So many more, but I won't give away all my story ideas! ;)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I think "Rama" didn't get made because while the book is interesting, there really isn't a story. It is mostly a travelogue about this neat-o space artifact. Which would mean they would have to invent a story, add a insipid romance and then hear the complaints of the fans of the book. Nah, best to keep it on the shelf.

I think there IS a sequel to "Basic Instinct" in the works.

I agree with Sneakers...one big underrated movie. I loved it when I saw it and was surprised when no one got into it. Get the crew back!

Phil

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

It got really close a couple of years ago, then all fell apart. Sharon Stone had a $15 million pay-or-play deal, I believe. Casting the leading man turned out to be one of the sticking points. Michael Douglas declined and I believe they had cast Bruce Greenwood but he ended up moving on to something else when production stalled. Kurt Russell was one of the finalists as well, I think. The last casting was Benjamin Bratt, but I think Stone said no. I haven't heard any new news in a couple of years, so I think it's dead now.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I heard they were talking about making sequels to both Ferris Bueller and Sixteen Candles. But, they would be set today. With them all as adults.

Last Starfighter done with todays computer generated effects.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

I heard recently that production has been started on "Thirty Two Candles" as a made for USA movie to air on USA. I haven't heard anything on casting yet, though.

Chuck Schilling

Stunt Coordinator
Yikes! I can't think of a better way to ruin my perception of what I consider a great film than to make a sequel to it. I can't think of a single sequel - not a one - that improved upon the original. No thanks!

Otravez

Auditioning

Godfather II is one that comes to mind (but going off topic)

How about "Three O'CLock High"? Loved that movie. A sequel might have been worth it

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

I can think of several:

The Empire Strikes Back
Star Trek II
Lethal Weapon 2
Die Hard With a Vengeance

Barquero

Auditioning
Gee, why doesn't Hollywood churn out a sequel for every freakin' movie ever made for christ's sake! Don't you guys think your getting just a little carried away?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks