What's new

Movies that contain cameos by you, your house, etc... (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I'm the first popcorn attendant in "You've Got Mail". They start the camera pan on me then move it to Meg Ryan and Greg Kinnear. I also did all of the concession stand props, ie the hotdogs burning, the stacked popcorn bags and the Pepsi cups containing Coke. :D

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
My aunt used to be the director of the St. Petersburg Coliseum, which is where the breakdancing scene in Cocoon took place.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
My aunt used to be the director of the St. Petersburg Coliseum, which is where the breakdancing scene in Cocoon took place.

SteveP

Second Unit
Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson argue in front of my over-lit Xmas tree in MONEY TRAIN.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Wow, thats great guys!!
Well ive never been in a movie that i know of :), but ive met many starts working at the St Anthony Hotel here in town.
They filmed a great movie, what was it called, "Roosevelt" i think in the hotel.
That one with Matthew McConaughey,"The Newton Boys", was filmed here in town. The scene where they have a shootout with cops is right outside the hotel :)
It looked so cool seeing all those old cars driving around.
It was fun talking with Matthew in the bar late at night.
Id open it up just for him and some of his pals, when they got back from shooting.
Charlie Sheen got in a bit of trouble one night when I ran into a girl in the kitchen of all places :)
She had taken a service elevator down by mistake and was half dressed.
She was crying that Charlie tried to,...have his way with her.. and she needed to get back to his room to get her car keys but was afraid.
Being the night manager i went up with her after receiving a noise complaint from his room.
I went up and he apologized and she said shed stay.
I told Charlie that if there were anymore complaints that shed have to leave or hed have to move to another room :)
(Yeah, he was married at the time).
Oh, back on topic, If im not mistaken, some movie with Sandra Bullock was also filmed near the hotel i worked.
That old movie Cloak & Dagger was filmed here to on the riverwalk mostly, and Selena.
More people have stayed at my hotel than movies filmed in it, but its still fun talking to all the stars, Esp Arnold and getting a big hug from Shania Twain :) :)

Art Martinez

Stunt Coordinator
You probably would not think that New Mexico would be a hot bed for movies but we have had our share of films, filmed out here.
Wild Wild West (yes that god awful movie with Will Smith) was partially filmed outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico. The city I was born in.
In Contact, when they have that media circus going on out side the Very Large Array in Socorro, New Mexico, one of the news men is an actually news man from one of the local stations in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Ok those films do not actually involve me, but I could play 6 degrees of separation to connect myself with the films.:D
On a personal level the horror film The Evil, was filmed at the Armand Hammer United World College, in Montezuma, New Mexico. The college is only about 2 miles from my house and I worked at the college in the kitchen. Though it was 17 years after the film was released.
The Parade scene in Easy Rider features the my aunt, in the marching band. Right in the town I grew up in, Las Vegas, New Mexico.
The Movie Convoy also films outside of Las Vegas, New Mexico.
The movie Wyatt Earp was partially filmed on a ranch outside of Las Vegas, New Mexico. Guess what, my uncle works on that ranch.
While filming parts of the movie Speechless in Las Vegas, New Mexico the crew went and bought out every single bottle of water at the store I sacked groceries at in high school. They gave me a good tip too, for carrying out the stuff, even though we were not supposed to take tips.
And finally my 15 minutes. Red Dawn was filmed in Las Vegas, New Mexico. At the beginning of the movie you see some kids crossing the street. I am one of those little twerps.:D My dad was also an extra in the "Re-education camp" scene where Jed and Matt meet their dad.
Hmmm, I guess MGM does not have my address, cuz I still have not received a check for my talent.:angry: :D

Personally, I have not been in or related to any movies. However, I was on the set of the X-Files for the season finale, season before last (when Mulder is abducted). It was great, having lunch at the catering truck, Duchovney playing with a dog(taller then you think!) and Anderson only coming out to film scenes(she is shorter then you think!). What is cool, is to mistake the stand-ins for the actors, they really do look similiar! Also interesting, is that the technical crew changes around signs and even leaving some of the expensive stuff, like neon lights. They blocked off whole streets and filmed a block or so away from my house also. Duchovney and Leoni rented a house on the street opposite me for the three day shoot. Also, funny to see police cars with Washington state logos. I live in Big Bear Lake, CA. It is a mountain town in Southern California, kind of the backyard of Hollywood. I work many different jobs, but have run into stars and commercial stars. Also get alot of prototype vehicles doign tests in the area. In the end, I think it is more fun watching the process, then seeing the stars.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
I don't know why, but I think this is the funniest thread I have read in years... kinda like a "Brush with Greatness' schtick on Letterman... its great. :)
ex. Emelio Estevez walked right by the corner where my cousin's dog unrinates every day in the film "Another Stakeout" (1993).

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I don't know why, but I think this is the funniest thread I have read in years... kinda like a "Brush with Greatness' schtick on Letterman... its great.
ex. Emelio Estevez walked right by the corner where my cousin's dog unrinates every day in the film "Another Stakeout" (1993).
I think this is the first time I've ever seen a post from Gary that mentions a movie made in America :)

Craig

Second Unit
The opening scene in 'Remember The Titans' was filmed by my house. My backyard was used as a rest area for the crew and extras. They cut most of the opening scene, it was supposed to include a near riot with people climbing over a cop car. They shot for about two days. My house was supposed to be in some of the shots, they even came in and put up 'curtains' (really cheap strips of cloth) to replace my blinds. I got paid $800 for my trouble.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Parts of the Bruce Willis film "In Country" were filmed right next to my house as a kid. The Vietnam battle scenes were shot in the woods where I played and, at the time, that was the coolest thing I had ever experienced - playing army in the exact spot where a bunch of actors had played army on film!
Also, for the closeup scenes of the Vietnam Memorial, a fake memorial was built behind our place. I walked along the Memorial in on scene that was cut :frowning:
The plane crash in The Fugitive 2 was filmed about an hour north of here. Some friends and I drove up to the set and were just stunned by the set decoration. It looked utterly real...
BTW Rhett, regarding your comments about Natasha Henstridge: You're my new best friend :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
All of the football stadium scenes for Unbreakable were filmed at Franklin Field at the University of Pennsylvania, where I work. They changed the doors from blue to green in editing, I guess. In the same movie, Jackson falls down a set of stairs... University Station, right across from Franklin Field. I get on the train there to go home from work.

The cornfield in Signs is down the road from me, at Deleware Valley College. A friend of mine lives on campus, and got to watch them make the crop circles. The house in the movie isn't in the same place, but nearby. The in-town scenes were filmed in Newtown, PA, not too far from me.

My uncle's backyard is the cornfield where the aliens landed in War of the Worlds, in plainsboro NJ.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
The opening of the infamous Heaven's Gate has all the characters running under the Bridge of Sighs in Oxford (standing in for Harvard if memory serves), which was on my staircase at college; does that count? Also, whilst I was in that room, they were shooting The Saint just outside. Everything bad you have ever heard about Val Kilmer is true.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Henry, that's a great Charlie Sheen story! He is the most amusing celebrity ever.

I grew up in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, the sight of many films, including, of course, Brighton Beach Memoirs. Some movie with Ed Furlong was shot on my block, but I don't know which, and they just finished shooting something else there. I'm sure in one of these you can see my old place.

I also remember seeing my high school in quite a few movies as it's right near the World Trade Center and has a white bridge crossing the West Side Highway (Stuyvesant High School).

My cousing was an extra in the Goodfellas wedding scene, though I don't know if he's actually on screen at any time.

My uncle's electronic store at midtown Manhattan has to be in a few films. They shoot there all the time and have requested to use his store a number of times. One summer when I worked their developing and delivering film, Andy Garcia and Andy McDowell were shooting some movie there and Andy McDowell developed some personal film at our store. She was as gorgeous in those pictures as she is on screen. (no nothing naughty in them, get those filthy thoughts out of your head!)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
My stepdad was an extra in the movie Tin Cup (underrated movie, btw). They filmed the US Open scenes in Houston, and there's a shot of a press conference late in the film where my stepdad is almost right in the middle of the crowd in the shot (he's an old guy wearing a red ballcap).

The movie Slacker by Richard Linklater has many locations I'm familiar with since I went to UT in Austin, but in the scene featuring the conspiracy theorist following that one guy off campus, that bit finishes up by going right on the block I used to live at. The building I lived in is just outside the left of the shot, across the street from the house the characters approach.

Stevie O

Agent
I used to live in a small town in the UK called Kings Lynn, at the time (1985?)they filmed the real stinker of an American Civil war movie "Revolution" starring Al Pacino and Nastassia Kinski.

The town has a lot of 17th and 18th century buildings, cobblestone streets etc, plus a small harbour/waterfront area which was used in the film.

A friend of mine was also one of the extras

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine used to live in the Singles apt. building.

Keifer Sutherland's apt. building in The Vanishing is two blocks down the hill from my place.

Meg Ryan's parents house from Sleepless in Seattle is a few blocks up the hill from me.

I could point out many more Seattle locations, but these have the most relevance.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Where do I start?

Gremlins 2: The Clamp Building is really 101 Park, where I worked for some years.

Marathon Man: When Olivier walks through the diamond district, that's 47th Street. I used to have an office just beyond that block; the building hadn't been constructed at the time of the film, and you can see the vacant lot when Olivier escapes in a taxi.

Reversal of Fortune: When Jeremy Irons goes into a pharmacist's at the end, that's my pharmacist.

The current Tadpole has a major street scene around the corner from me.

And for those of you who know your 70s classics: Sydney Pollack's Three Days of the Condor. The building used for the exterior of the CIA office where Redford works is across the street from me. My apartment building makes a brief appearance early in the film.

The Devil's Advocate: Keanu's argument with Jeffrey Jones occurs in the street in front of one my favorite neighborhood restaurants.

Ransom: When Mel Gibson chases down Sinise at the end, they're right in front of my neighborhood bakery (now sadly closed).

Everyone Says I Love You: The girls have lunch at Eli Zabar's E.A.T., around the corner from me.

The First Wives' Club: Stockard Channing's funeral is at the Frank E. Campbell funeral home, which is just up the street from me.

Sex and the City: In season 3, there are several scenes at the Vera Wang Bridal Boutique, which is at the end of my block.

Law and Order: Criminal Intent: An episode last season used a townhouse two blocks over for a brief scene. My wife and I watched D'Onofrio and Erbe preparing to shoot it.

Woody Allen's next movie: There will be a scene at Fauchon, half a block from here. We saw them filming it.

That's just a sample. I live in the middle of one of the most photographed neighborhoods in New York.

M.

ollie_k

Stunt Coordinator
Road to Perdition was filmed in and around the Chicago area, some of which take place in Geneva IL, close to where I live. The scene in particular where the Jude Law character finally catches up to Tom Hanks and tries to shoot him through the window.
Really strange seeing the street like it was 1935 again.
Also Novocaine was partially shot in Geneva as well, I havent seen it myself. Its a hotel/motel scene I think.
unfortunately I have not been in any films, but I was on the news once, does that count? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks