What's new

Mounting speaker from ceiling ? (1 Viewer)

Shawn_Z

Auditioning
I want to avoid running speaker wires through the wall (double insulated/ with double cross bracing). I have onkyo bookshelf rear speakers (3) wich I have screwed keyhole hanging brackets on. I purchased 3 ceiling mounts. Can I just run the speaker wires for the rears from the receiver in the front of the room ,under the baseboards to a closet near the receiver , up the wall (not in the wall) through the ceiling and then across the attic floor and down through the ceiling to the speakers? Then I would not need to run anything through the wall.

If so would you just drill a hole and fish the wire through or is there a better way?

Also , do you feel sheet rock anchors would hold the ceiling mounts and speakers or would you take the time to place 2x4 studs between the joists?

Also, how could I mount the center speaker from the ceiling? My seating area is directly below the center speaker so it almost needs to face down....an obvious problem with a keyhole bracket at the top?

Thanks for any advice you can offer a me.

Shawn_Z

Auditioning
wow... no replies.

There has gotta be people with ceiling mount speakers out there ! :frowning:

Stephen M

Stunt Coordinator
You need to ask this at advanced HT and DIY areas. This is more a question of installation than audio merit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks