What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

More classic Rankin/Bass holiday specials coming 10/05 (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Didn't see this anywhere else, and I know some are interested, so according thedigitalbits.com:

Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July
Frosty's Winter Wonderland/Twas the Night Before Xmas

Both due on October 5, 2004. No pricing was given. If anyone has further information on these titles or more info on other Rankin/Bass holiday specials being released, please let me know.

It's nice to see more and more of these classics seeing the light of day on DVD. Rudolph and Frosty is filmed in the traditional stop motion Animagic process, while Frosty's WW and TTNBC are cel-animated films. All three are certainly classics in my book, and will have proud spaces on my shelf.

mike.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I did some work on the Rudolph and Frosty Xmas in July DVD. I had only seen it on its first TV run. I'd forgotten how long it is -- over 90 minutes. It's pretty cute. Don't have any info about any extras, though... for something like this, there probably won't be any.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
FWW/TTNBC! w00t! I haven't seen TTNBC in far too long.
Think we'll ever see "The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus?"

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I hope they reissue the original box-set which I believe is now out of print, with the addition of these new titles...

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I think that Rudolph is going to be re-issued this year for its 40th Anniversary with special features....don't quote me on it, but I have heard rumblings.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'll be getting both of these. I'll admit I've never seen "Christmas in July" for whatever reason, but "Twas The Night Before Christmas" is most definitely a childhood favorite of mine. It's been many years since I'd last seen it. I'll gladly add it to my holiday collection.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

I've heard that, too, and I would KILL to have them restore the original General Electric animated commercials. But to my knowledge, they've only uncovered the black and white broadcast print of its first airing, which does have the G.E. promos, but of course in black and white. (Yes, believe it or not, Rudolph apparently AIRED in B&W the first time it was run.)

But Rick Goldschmidt of RankinBass.com who I believe owns the print, says he has not been contacted by anyone about another Rudolph S.E., though he too has heard rumors of its release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks