What's new

More CCR and the Zombies on Super Audio! (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Friends,
More Super Audio title news. Today Steve Hoffman put on his website www.stevehoffman.tv that he is working on the Zombies Greatest Hits for Super Audio.
Also comes word that three more titles of CCR will be released on Super Audio for a total of five albums.
:) Just wanted to keep you up to date...

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I read about the other CCR SACDs on Audio Asylum the other day. This is excellent news, indeed. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Keith,
Also, Fidelis Records is getting into Super Audio. From High Fidelity Review:
Tchaikovsky: The Seasons for Piano Trio - Tchaikovsky Chamber Music Society (FRSACD 001)
Piazzolla: Histoire du Tango for Violin and Guitar - Atis Bankas and Simon Wynberg (FRSACD 002)
Violoncello - Nata Belkin, Daniel Friedman & Ludovit Kanta (FRSACD 006)
I love Piazzolla and have worked on three albums with his music. I look forward to these. :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, I read about this on Audio Asylum too. Not my kind of music, but it's good for SACD nonetheless.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I never picked up anything by Piazolla but have always meant to. These releases will be good opportunity to do that.

Does anyone know if these and/or the CCR discs will be hybrids?

NP: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Couldn't Stand the Weather, SACD

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Talked to Richard this morning. Seems that Willie and the Poorboys and Cosmo's Factory (which should be shipping around the end of the month) are just the beginning and we can expect the three other classic CCR titles later on. Those would be Green River, Bayou Country and the debut album. Production has already begun. The second batch of (7) OJC titles from Analogue Productions may also ship around the end of the month.
More details on CCR and the Original Jazz Classics (OJC) from APO.
Shaping up to be a good year for SACD. :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, the CCR releases from Mr. Hoffman will be hybrid stereo SACDs (no multi-channel SACD). I don't know about the other titles. However, since they are not coming from Sony (;)), I'm sure they will be hybrid discs too.
I see you picked up the Couldn't Stand the Weather SACD. How do you like it? Do have a copy on CD for comparison?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Keith, yeah, I love the SRV disc. SRV is by far my favorite white blues guitarist, so it's a joy to hear his stuff on SACD.

For every non-classical Sony SACD I have, I also have the regular CD version of the same title so that I can listen to it outside of my house. I believe that this is why Sony refuses to make hybrids- so that suckers like me can by the same damn album twice.

I did not do an A/B comparison, eg, putting on one after the other.

NP: Handel, Messiah, DTS CD

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, Stevie Ray was a heck of a guitarist. Couldn't Stand the Weather is simply excellent. On SACD, it is incredible.
The vast majority of my SACDs are Sony titles. For every Sony SACD in my collection, I have the CD version too. Like you, I have the CDs for playback in the car and in the office. I occasionally compare the CDs and SACDs in my home systems too. So, file under "Suckers that Sony loves and can exploit". :)
NP: Mary Chapin Carpenter time*sex*love* CD in my second stereo system. The SACD is loaded in one of my players in the main system. No joke. :)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Cool news about the Zombies. Now if someone would do the Small Faces I'd run out tomorrow and get a SACD player.

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
Just a FYI...

Elusive disk is taking pre-orders for the Willie & the Poorboys & Cosmos Factory SACDs. I just did mine and hope they ship at the end of this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks