What's new

more cable questions (1 Viewer)

mgh

Agent
Real Name
mike
Hi,

Trying to anticipate some of the cables I'll need for my first HT before everything arrives.

I will have my first SACD player, and will want to connect the 5.1 channels. These are anolog, correct? So can I use some of my old RCA cables for these connections?

My reciever does not have HDMI, but my DVD player will be an upconverting player. So when I get a HD display, I'm told I can take the HDMI to the display, and the audio from the DVD player to the receiver. I don't have the DVD/SACD player yet, it is in shipment, so not sure yet what outputs will be available for audio. Assuming it has an optical for oudio, is that the best way to connect for audio?

Thanks in advance. This forum has been a big help.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
You will need 6 RCA connections to get SACD from your SACD player to your receiver. Your reciever will need to have a 5.1 input--not all do, so you will want to check. The optical out will work for the digital audio from your DVD player. If you want you can hook up the DVD player to the TV via component cables. If you run the video to your TV via HDMI and your audio to your reciever via digital audio, you may run into problems with it passing multichannel sound, so pay careful attention to the HDMI settings in your DVD player if you are going to hook it up this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks