What's new

Mordaunt-Short Where to buy? (1 Viewer)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
I am interested in the 500 system.
502 Mains
504 Center
506 Rears

Any suggestions as to where to purchase. Anyone know of on-line vendors?

JohnFF

Agent
I can't verify it but I think Accessories for Less is an authorized onine M-S retailer. They sell the package you mention for $1,699.99. I've had good experiences with this retailer.

They sell refurbished Marantz equipment but it looks like their M-S equipment is not refurbished. You might want to ask to be sure they are authorized and the M-S speakers are new, not refurbished.

Luke_Y

Second Unit
John Garcia, Thanks- but no dealers within 50 Mi. of here. Hoping to possibly find some on-line sources.

JohnFF- The Accessories for Less price looks great but it only shows that they have them in Black. The WAF requires a "nice looking finish" read- not big black boxes :) Maybe I can call and see if they have them in the wood finish but it doesn't look like it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Keep an eye on AC4L, as their stock comes and goes. It's kind of hit and miss with them, since much (not all) of what they carry is refurbished.

As far as the dealer locator, see what shops you can find semi-local, and see if they sell online, though you may not get the best price that way.

Is there a reason you are locked into MS? Have you already auditioned them?

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Is there a reason you are locked into MS? Have you already auditioned them?
Not locked into MS. A friend has that system and I liked what I heard. The fiance liked the fact that the 502s had the built in subs and there would be "one less box" in the family room. This would be for the family room setup so it would be used for about 40% 2 chan music- 40% TV- 20% casual movie watching.

The friend bought his on the other side of the country so that is no help dealer wise.

Like I said, I am not locked into MS I was just going to look around at availability and pricing. The A4L price was significantly less than the ballpark figure he told me he paid so I was glad to see that. Just wished they had at least the 502s in wood not black.

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Well, called A4L today and they don't have them in the wood finish. The guy I talked to didn't think they were likly to get any either. Too bad becuase the price was great.

So, still looking..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks