What's new

Mitsubishi WS-65869 Review (1 Viewer)

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
I picked it up tonight, set it up, etc, and I haven't even calibrated it yet, and my lord, what a KILLER, AMAZING, OUSTANDING, BRILLIANT picture it has, 110% better than the RPTV I had before. I changed the Denon DVD 2800 to Progressive, and I can totally see the chroma bug, and plus it sometimes makes this wave appear in the top part of the movie, so that thing is going back for sure. Not sure what I will get, the Denon 1600 looks nice, but no Coax output, just optical, totall bummer :frowning: Anyways back to the TV. The on screen display is so cool, it has pictures of the devices you have or want to switch to, like a DVD player for the DVD input, VCR's for a VCR plugged in, etc, totally cool! :)
Of course none of my equipment is Net Command capable with it, so that function goes down the pooper. But no biggy, I don't mind :) The image is so clear, man I can't get over it. The screen is HUGE, much larger in this mode (widescreen) than the 60" 4:3 TV was. It's internally integrated as well, and fully upgradable, which is a double bonus.
What else can I say, it's an amazing TV, TOTALLY satisfied, now I get to watch all my movies over again! Darn! :) Now I just need my SVS and my system will be done, for now! :)
More to come later!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Matt, I'm enjoying every minute of it so far :) Now if I can get this stupid DVD player fiasco solved I may be stress free, damn the Chroma bug, damn it all to hell! :D

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
I'm running interlaced out of my Toshiba until I can get a progressive scan unit and it looks great. I have no complaints of the set's line doubler yet. I'll get a PS player soon, but I've got Christmas to buy for family first!!! LOL!! If I were you, I'd try the component interlaced out from your Denon and see if that's almost as good. I bet you'd be suprised. If you try it, let me know what you think : )

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks