What's new

Mitsubishi 46807 problem (1 Viewer)

D

DAN NEIR

I bought a mit 46807 on wed along with a new toshiba 6200 and it seems the set has a problem. I left my room late wed night to go to the bathroom and when I came back the picture had gone blank but the sound was still on. At first I thought it was the cable channel but after I switched it and switched the inputs nothing changed. I finally had to turn the set off and turn it back on to get the picture back. I called mitsubishi tech support the next day and the guy told me that it could have just been the set warming up but if it happened again I would want a technician to see it. The same problem happened again 2 nights later! This is very frustrating seeing as the tv is brand NEW. I still haven't received avia in the mail yet but I have the color temp on low, the contrast and brightness down to avoid the torch effect. I plan on calling them again tomorrow but does anyone know what could be causing this problem.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Hey Dan,
Sorry to hear of your problem. I noticed over at the SPot you posted the same question (that was you, correct?). Anyway, you said it happens at night after she has been on for 7-9 hrs. Does it happen anytime before that, say at 2,3 or 4 hours? Just thinking if she is overheating in some way. Is she out in the open or tucked inside an ent. center? Just throwing out ideas.
Avia will help out greatly.
I have the following:
IRIS-Off
Contrast-25%
Brightness-50%
Image Type-Film
Sharpness-20%
Tint-20% into red
Color-50%
Noise-standard
Color Temp-Low 6500k
This is for DVD only using component cables and a red-push attenuator. Just some quidelines.
Hope everything turns out working soon for you. Keep us posted on the happs.
Peace Out~:D
------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon/

D

DAN NEIR

I have the set on top of an entertainment center, it's out in the open. I have the set on the settings suggested. I'm using the toshiba 6200 with some $100 monster component cables. I wonder if it has anything to do with whether or not I'm watching tv or dvds. The problem occured both times late at night while watching regular tv. Today and yesterday I have been watching alot of dvds(right now I'm watching Aliens) and nothing has happened. The situation is bizzare. On a side note, what's the best way to get a red push attenuator, keeping in mind that I'm not very good at building things. Is there a way to purchase one already made and if so, where?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Go to your local Radio Shack. They make an adjustable attenuator that has two F-Pin connections. Get two F-Pin to RCA adapters and a male-to-male RCA plug and your off and running. Just make sure you ask for the 75-ohm adjustable attenuator.
The attenuator is silver in color, measures about 2"x3" with a black dial in the center. I do not remember the stock number (if you need it, I'll look at mine tonight and post it here).
Everything screws/plugs together. I have mine plugged into the back of my DVD player. Just remember that it is on the heavy side and you will need to support it somehow so it does not put strain on the RCA connection for the DVD player.
It works great and costs less than $12.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon/

D

DAN NEIR

I just wanted to say thank you for the advice on the red push attenuator, I got the parts at radio shack at it seems to be working great(no more people with sunburns). As far as the tv goes I spoke to the store I bought it from(The Wiz) and they are going to be seeting up an appointment so that a technician can come over and look at the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks