What's new

I learned a big lesson (1 Viewer)

paul_v

Second Unit
Don't mess with the servecie menu unless you know the limitations of some of the settings =(. I bought a brand new Mitsubishi 46807 and hosed it. I was playing with the horizontal position to try to fix some geometry problems and I went too far over. My set shut itself off and now won't turn on =(. Now I have a $2000 paper wieght until a service tech can come out on Tuesday =(. I'm so depressed and mad at myself =(

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
Did you try unplugging it? The Sony TV's revert back to default settings when they lose power if you haven't saved the changes.

paul_v

Second Unit
Well the technician came out and had to replace the convergence powerboard. All is well now =)

JasonZ

Agent
did they know or give you a hard time about being in the service mode. its good that you got it fixed, i am thinking of going into service mode on my new toshiba next week when it arrives. i am also scared of messing it up but as long as it can be fixed under warranty, ill give it a shot. let me know your thoughts on this.

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
I've done quite a bit of tweaking to my Toshiba -- are the Mitsubishi sets more sensitive to adjustments?
Chris

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Home Theater Spot has tons of information on Mits TVs and service mode.
Many TVs, in service mode, have parameters that can mess up or even damage the set if changed or values exceed certain limits. On the Mits sets, HSTA and VSTA can't exceed +/- 200 without toasting the convergence board. Also, DON'T press the 3 or 4 key on the remote while in the regular service mode (not the geometry/convergence service mode) or you'll toast your HDTV input.
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks