What's new

Mine's on order! (1 Viewer)

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
WooHoo; I just ordered from J&R my:
Onkyo TX-DS595 ($360)
JBL NSP1's ($299 shipped).
Now if I get the usual gift certificate from pop to Best Buy, that Sony SAWM40 sub is mine.:D
I know it's not much, but it will be my 1st foray into the HT arena. I just hope I don't get evicted.;)
Any tips anybody cares to inpart on setup would be apppreciated. I'm already searching, but there is a lot of info out there.
Thanks.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Why do you say "it's not much"? It sounds like a really nicely put together system. I will guarantee that a lot of people will spend more money than you and end up with a system not nearly as nice either sonically or feature wise. You did it the right way. You researched before you bought. As a result, you ended up with a really nice system. All fine stuff. Congratulations and enjoy.;)

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dana, it's kind of easy to get caught up in some of the high end stuff you see in this forum compared to an entry level system. I'm looking forward to getting hooked on the experience.:)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
"Getting hooked on the experience" is not all it's cracked up to be. But VISA LOVES me!!!!:D Seriously though. Be careful or this "hobby" could carry you away, and force your kids to go to public schools if you aren't careful. You are off to a great start. Keep making wise choices (like the Onkyo over say a similar Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC variety) and you should be all set.

I'll be ordering that exact combo (Onkyo 595 and JBL NSP1) right after Christmas. Or maybe tomorrow, but I won't be able to play with it until after I get back (leaving on Saturday to spend holiday with parents). Only difference is, I'll be going with an SVS too. Was planning on the 16-46CS, but I'm thinking of the 16-46CS+ now (tis *only* $175 more, and uses the Samson S1000 too ;) )
Of course, Christmas will be a well deserved break - the last week of summer break, I built my parent's home theater, but only had about 1.5 days to play with it. :frowning: They have a Denon 3801, SV 20-39CS, Panasonic 91whatever progressive-scan DVD with Toshiba TV, and Paradigm Studio series all around. Finally get to play with my, I mean their, toys. :)
Daniel

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i have the Onkyo 595, JBL NSP1, an SVS 25-31PC, and an RP91K. they sound beautiful together! "isn't much" ?! blah its great! better than anyone else at my university hands down. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks