What's new

Migration Related Feedback & Questions (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Not sure I like being demoted. I think I was "Executive Producer" under the prior format; now I'm just a "Well-Known Member." :(

I also miss having navigation options at the bottom of the page. now you have to scroll back to the top of the page to select a different forum.
Your status will be coming back. There are a few different ways we can do it and we want to figure out the best way. We still have a lot of lose ends to tie up including this one.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks, it's working now. I can't find the Reviewers Corner, however.
I have some more work to do with reviewers tonight including a how to guide

Well, I guess I'll be the burr.

I suspect I'll get used to it, but first glances is that it's an assault on my eyes and is going to be much harder to use than
the previous 3-4 reboots. I do not like Green Eggs and Ham.

Why can't there be an option for just a nice simple interface without all the ALL in yellow and green and pink and red
and all different sizes, I really miss Usenet somedays

If you are talking about the tags on the forum, that's me. I plan on making them a bit less obnoxious later tonight.

t2smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Toby
A cool thing I noticed is that you can highlight part of a post and you get the option to add that highlighted part to multi-quote or reply to it. If that existed in the previous forum, I never noticed it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I have some more work to do with reviewers tonight including a how to guide

If you are talking about the tags on the forum, that's me. I plan on making them a bit less obnoxious later tonight.

My thoughts though I always tend to be in the minority on these things:

Were the avatars present at the thread title page before(?) and is there a way to turn them off entirely since they're just useless space for me, the tags are too big, and everything is just taking up too much real estate fitting less active threads on a page. I have to page down nearly 2 pages in the UHD/BD thread to get to the 'normal threads' now. On a 24 inch monitor I can see 11 threads on a page -- that's 1/2 - 1/3 of what I can see on a page at DVDTalk, B-R.com or Slickdeals

Nothing seems to line up - it's very difficult for me to simply scan the thread titles vertically with my eyes to see what I'm interested in.
Go left, go right, change eye focus angles and depths, it's looks pretty but it's like an abstract painting it's difficult for my brain to make any sense out of the page itself. To me the beginning of the thread titles should line up so as your eyes go down the page they hit the first word without shifting out of line.

I am having a terrible time even finding the separation between pinned threads and regular threads? Was there a line, or shading difference at separation boundary before b/c I don't remember ever having trouble with that,

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Are all of our watched threads gone? When I go to Watched Threads it says "You are not watching any threads." That would be a big bummer to have to re-"Watch Thread" all of them especially when I can't even remember all of the threads I was watching!

Otherwise, the place looks good. As with any migration it will take a bit of time to acclimate.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Are all of our watched threads gone? When I go to Watched Threads it says "You are not watching any threads." That would be a big bummer to have to re-"Watch Thread" all of them especially when I can't even remember all of the threads I was watching!

Otherwise, the place looks good. As with any migration it will take a bit of time to acclimate.

They definitely should not be. You see nothing in the watched threads page?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not sure I like being demoted. I think I was "Executive Producer" under the prior format; now I'm just a "Well-Known Member." :(

I also miss having navigation options at the bottom of the page. now you have to scroll back to the top of the page to select a different forum.

I see my custom 'babbling idiot' status is still there. :D

Not having navigation options at the bottom of the screen is one of the features I miss. This was a big issue when you moved to Huddler as well (I think it was eventually fixed). It is a pain to have to scroll back to the top of the page.

t2smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Toby

They definitely should not be. You see nothing in the watched threads page?

I freaked out a bit earlier when the watched threads page said "You do not have any watched threads that are unread", but then I noticed the link under that message that said "Show all watched threads." All my watched threads seem to be there.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
I think the new look will take some getting used to for many of us, but I like it and I haven't run into any issues or annoyances so far.

Well done, I'm sure it took a fair bit of work, but I think this platform has much more potential heading into the future.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Is there anyway to view 3D related threads as I can't find a 3D sub-forum?
Is there a way I can permanently set the Display options choice located at the bottom of the "Blu-ray and UHD" forum, from "(Any)" to "3D" so I don't have to keep changing it every time my browser goes back to that address?
Per the picture below, I have to change the "prefix" area to "3D" every time I go to the list of "Blu-ray and UHD" threads.
Screen shot 2016-01-31 at 9.09.46 PM.png

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
I think it was easier to spot which threads had new content when you used bold for the ones with new content and non-bold for those without. The little dot on the left just doesn't stand out as well.

---------------

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
ok to add to the list of differences, does the page seem a little shorter, to everyone, less threads per page, its going to take some getting used to

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
My thoughts though I always tend to be in the minority on these things:

Were the avatars present at the thread title page before(?) and is there a way to turn them off entirely since they're just useless space for me, the tags are too big, and everything is just taking up too much real estate fitting less active threads on a page. I have to page down nearly 2 pages in the UHD/BD thread to get to the 'normal threads' now. On a 24 inch monitor I can see 11 threads on a page -- that's 1/2 - 1/3 of what I can see on a page at DVDTalk, B-R.com or Slickdeals

Nothing seems to line up - it's very difficult for me to simply scan the thread titles vertically with my eyes to see what I'm interested in.
Go left, go right, change eye focus angles and depths, it's looks pretty but it's like an abstract painting it's difficult for my brain to make any sense out of the page itself. To me the beginning of the thread titles should line up so as your eyes go down the page they hit the first word without shifting out of line.

I am having a terrible time even finding the separation between pinned threads and regular threads? Was there a line, or shading difference at separation boundary before b/c I don't remember ever having trouble with that,

I still have to clean up the sticky threads there, that will help. When we merged everything in all the threads that were stuck across the forums merged that way. I need to do some pruning. We will be rolling out personal bookmarks in the next 2-3 weeks, so everyone can put their personal favorite threads in one place regardless of the forum they are from. That will really allow us to pair down some of the sticky threads. I agree about the line between sticky threads and other threads. Not sure whats possible there but we can look into in.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
ok to add to the list of differences, does the page seem a little shorter, to everyone, less threads per page, its going to take some getting used to

Actually we still have 20 posts per thread as a default. I think it just seems like less since the postbit data collapses, so shot posts don't take up as much room on the page.

I need to apologize for this next bit as its going to make some of you upset, :blink: but if you think there aren't enough posts on the page, you can change it.....Left click on your name in the upper right corner, select Preferences and you will see you have the ability to change the threads per page, the posts per page and the PMs (conversations) per page.
:dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks