What's new

Migration Related Feedback & Questions (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered. I didn't go through this entire thread yet...

Have all the "old" thread subscriptions/notifications get ported over?

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
It appears that all the threads I followed on the old board are flagged as "watched threads" here, which is exactly as I would expect them to be. If you were following threads before, you should be watching them now.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Yeah, I saw that "Show all watched threads" but when I click it:

htf-wt.png

The former software of the board used the terminology "Follow Thread", I believe. Is this the same thing? Did I not "watch" threads on the old board but "followed" them instead? I assumed that was the same thing with two different terms with different software.
Yes, same thing. Followed threads are watched threads.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Well, it took me a while to find everything I wanted, but now that I have, I changed my vote negative to positive. I like the easy access to watched threads, new posts and new posts in watched threads. Great job, guys. This appears to be the smoothest transition you've ever undertaken.
Thanks. Dave has been working hard on this conversion for several months, so that comment is directed to him. We are still going to be fine tuning things over the next few weeks including navigation (that particular forum menu is temporary). Just about everything we had before is here (just moved around a bit), and lots of new features/enhancements. Thanks for digging in to find everything and keeping an open mind.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
To follow on that, while I've still got some things to figure out for myself, there's no question that this is the most seamless transition I've EVER experienced.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hi -

I like the new format so far, but I have a question. Under the old format, I got daily emails with all the posts from a given thread that I was subscribed to. Now I've just received an email for individual posts in one of the threads where I was previously emailed only daily. How do you adjust the settings on when you should receive emails in the new system? If I am emailed every single time someone posts in one of the threads I am involved in, that would be way too many emails, which is why I had it set to the daily-digest format. Thanks!

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
I think I'm going to like this new format. Really like the "New Posts" button in the upper left hand corner. Apologies if this has been asked, but is the "Your Content" supposed to be the equivalent of the old "Content I Follow"? Before only the final post made by anyone in that specific thread came up. Now, every post I've made comes up individually, but not posts from other members. Is there another way to get to "Content I Follow"?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Still getting acclimated and not to beat a dead horse....but really like being able to use Tapatalk.

Also, the HTF Android App is not working.....is that Dead now too?

The HTF app is officially dead (for now), because there is something exciting in the works. Tapatalk has had some pretty serious issues with the quality of their code, security issues etc., so we are playing it safe with the new software at the moment.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
How does New Posts work? I created a new thread in the Blu Ray forum a few minutes ago but it doesn't appear under New Posts.

Actually, this forum is smarter so it doesn't show you your own posts as new, only other people's. I see yours in my list:

upload_2016-2-1_13-59-14.png

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Yeah, I saw that "Show all watched threads" but when I click it:

htf-wt.png

The former software of the board used the terminology "Follow Thread", I believe. Is this the same thing? Did I not "watch" threads on the old board but "followed" them instead? I assumed that was the same thing with two different terms with different software.
We will have our conversion guy look at your profile to make sure.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The new format looks very good. I keep getting the "using an ad-blocker" banner, but not only did I disable it I also deleted it and I'm still getting the alert. Any ideas?

Strange. I can't reproduce. Do you have any other add-ons or plugins that block ads? I'm sorry for the trouble, it's only supposed to be showing up if you block all ads.

I was/am seeing the same thing even though I have AdBlockPlus disabled on HTF. I was able to track mine down to use of NoScript and that I have "googlesyndication.com" and "googletagservices.com" blocked (along with most Google related JAVA "content"). If I enable both those Google Ad service sites the "using an ad-blocker" banner goes away.

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this as I do *not* trust Google and allow only the minimums required for "proper" website operation from them to run.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I don't care for the way you now mark forums read. It was much better, and simpler, with a link next to the "watch thread" link.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I was/am seeing the same thing even though I have AdBlockPlus disabled on HTF. I was able to track mine down to use of NoScript and that I have "googlesyndication.com" and "googletagservices.com" blocked (along with most Google related JAVA "content"). If I enable both those Google Ad service sites the "using an ad-blocker" banner goes away.

I have tried disabling ad-blocker, then deleting it, restarting, disabling certain aspects of Norton, disabled pop-up blocker, allowed pop-ups from HTF, and I am still seeing the ad-blocker banner. I have nothing on the blocked list.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Link under Members / Member Introductions (quick links) is broken. I can get to the correct forum using the Forums dropdown.

Home Theater Forum | Blu-ray Movie Discussion, Expert Reviews & News - Error
The requested page could not be found.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I have tried disabling ad-blocker, then deleting it, restarting, disabling certain aspects of Norton, disabled pop-up blocker, allowed pop-ups from HTF, and I am still seeing the ad-blocker banner. I have nothing on the blocked list.
Thanks for trying. Do you have NoScript or any kind of privacy protection running? If you can ignore that little banner for right now, I can come up with a way to work around this for you.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Link under Members / Member Introductions (quick links) is broken. I can get to the correct forum using the Forums dropdown.

Home Theater Forum | Blu-ray Movie Discussion, Expert Reviews & News - Error
The requested page could not be found.
Fixing now. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks