What's new

Migration Related Feedback & Questions (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've got to say, so far this is the smoothest HTF transition yet for me. Past transitions always seemed to include weeks or months of putting up with inconveniences or missing features until the kinks got ironed out. So far, everything has been really intuitive for me; where I've encountered differences, I've mostly preferred the new way to the old way. It's also way more responsive in my browser than the old site was.

t2smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Toby
It looks pretty good, but would like to try it out more before I vote.

I like the New Posts link at the top left of the page. I wish hovering the mouse pointer over my username at the top right still showed me a "Content I Follow" link. It took me a few minutes to figure out that I now have to hover over tools and click "Watched Threads" to get a similar result.

I would also like to see the older posts have a time stamp next to the date and I don't care for similar threads too much. For example, the thread "Little House on the Prairie: building the best possible collection" generates similar threads of "A little ditty.... :)", "A little of everything", "building new house soon - need ideas", "OT- House building question", and "Possible System.", and they are all from 2001. It would probably work better if you put the Recent Replies widget above the Similar Threads widget. It seems like the Similar Threads widget looks for the oldest threads possible that have at least one word in the title that is the same as any one word in the title of the thread you are viewing.

Last edited:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I don't see an "EDIT" option on my post of a few minutes ago.

Edit: Woops, never mind. Found it! :D (It's under MORE.)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
The new format looks very good. I keep getting the "using an ad-blocker" banner, but not only did I disable it I also deleted it and I'm still getting the alert. Any ideas?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I can't seem to log in with Tapatalk at all. It keeps saying there's a network error or something.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Where is the "New Posts" shortcut? The only thing I can find is "Real Time" and that is very limited in that in only shows very very recent postings. In the old forum I always used the New Posts shortcut because I could see every single thread that had been updated since my last visit.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Where is the "New Posts" shortcut? The only thing I can find is "Real Time" and that is very limited in that in only shows very very recent postings. In the old forum I always used the New Posts shortcut because I could see every single thread that had been updated since my last visit.

The link is in the top left of your screen.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
The new format looks very good. I keep getting the "using an ad-blocker" banner, but not only did I disable it I also deleted it and I'm still getting the alert. Any ideas?

Strange. I can't reproduce. Do you have any other add-ons or plugins that block ads? I'm sorry for the trouble, it's only supposed to be showing up if you block all ads.

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
I read this forum on a mobile device and I cannot get the desktop version like I was able to with the old forum. Normally I would not care too much but when reading long posts the mobile version is not practical. This is because for posts with large amounts of replies (such as one with 46 pages of replies), if I go to the post, I see links to the first 2-3 pages but there is no link to skip to the last page of the post (which many forums usually have) and I have to go through all the other posts to get there which is ridiculous and not practical. If possible please bring back the option for the desktop version on mobile devices.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The link is in the top left of your screen.
Ah.. I see it now. I was looking in the forum menu bar. It is obviously such a popular tool that it is segregated by itself way up on top! Excellent. That's all I need to continue enjoying the forum. :)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It looks pretty good, but would like to try it out more before I vote.

I like the New Posts link at the top left of the page. I wish hovering the mouse pointer over my username at the top right still showed me a "Content I Follow" link. It took me a few minutes to figure out that I now have to hover over tools and click "Watched Threads" to get a similar result.

I would also like to see the older posts have a time stamp next to the date and I don't care for similar threads too much. For example, the thread "Little House on the Prairie: building the best possible collection" generates similar threads of "A little ditty.... :)", "A little of everything", "building new house soon - need ideas", "OT- House building question", and "Possible System.", and they are all from 2001. It would probably work better if you put the Recent Replies widget above the Similar Threads widget. It seems like the Similar Threads widget looks for the oldest threads possible that have at least one word in the title that is the same as any one word in the title of the thread you are viewing.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if we can make Similar Threads a bit more useful.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I read this forum on a mobile device and I cannot get the desktop version like I was able to with the old forum. Normally I would not care too much but when reading long posts the mobile version is not practical. This is because for posts with large amounts of replies (such as one with 46 pages of replies), if I go to the post, I see links to the first 2-3 pages but there is no link to skip to the last page of the post (which many forums usually have) and I have to go through all the other posts to get there which is ridiculous and not practical. If possible please bring back the option for the desktop version on mobile devices.

We will have this in place in the next few days.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is there an easy way to just go to the first unread post of a thread I've been following? So far the only way I've found is to click the
nearly imperceptible period to the left of the post title and it takes exquisite aim and several clicks to get it to work.

Or is there a way to disable all the flyover effects anything my mouse gets near just about anything on screen. I have to make sure the mouse pointer stays off screen or I seem to get a barrage of boxes that I don;t need

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Is there an easy way to just go to the first unread post of a thread I've been following? So far the only way I've found is to click the
nearly imperceptible period to the left of the post title and it takes exquisite aim and several clicks to get it to work.
I'll see what I can come up with - I don't have an exact answer right off the top of my head. Stay tuned.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not sure I like being demoted. I think I was "Executive Producer" under the prior format; now I'm just a "Well-Known Member." :(

I also miss having navigation options at the bottom of the page. now you have to scroll back to the top of the page to select a different forum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks