Microsoft Word question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jon_Are, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

This one's been driving me crazy for some time.

When selecting text within Word, I have a problem if the text I am selecting is of a length that requires me to scroll down (or up). The pages scroll way, way too fast - I am not able to halt the scrolling before several pages have gone by.

Does anyone know of a way to adjust the scrolling speed?

Thanks,

Jon

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I have had the problem as well... dragging even to the edge of the screen results in it LEAPING TOP SPEED ten or twelve pages, lol.

3. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

Me three! I solved it by going down to the end of the selected text and 'leaning' on the enter key for a few seconds first. Much easier to look for the blank space and stop.

Glenn

4. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

Not sure about slowing down the scroll speed, but you can use another method to select (highlight) text.

Position the insertion at the beginning or end of what you want to highlight. Press and hold the shift button down on the keyboard. Then use the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight the text. If you use the up or down arrow it will highlight the entire line.

5. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. I'd like to be able to select text using the mouse, however.

There must be a setting somewhere to adjust this; I'm certain it wasn't always this way in my Word software.

Jon

6. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Hah - just figured out a semi-solution:

While holding down the left moust button, scroll the mouse wheel up and down.

Takes a bit of dexterity, but it's the best method I know of so far.

Jon