What's new

"Miami Vice" complete release question (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I've been thinking about purchasing Universal's complete release of "Miami Vice" (which, as I recall, is all on singles [a.k.a. DVD-9s]), and I have a question about its packaging: can the individual season packages contained in this release be taken out and shelved as stand-alones, or are they meant to be kept in the faux-alligator box?

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
They can be shelved as stand alones. The seasons in the box do not contain slip covers though. Here is a pic of the set opened.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by EdG

They can be shelved as stand alones. The seasons in the box do not contain slip covers though. Here is a pic of the set opened.

That's just what I wanted to know. I saw a review of that release from tvshowsondvd.com that showed a picture of the faux-alligator box on the shelf, and I was just wondering if that was the customary way of storing this release; now as I know that I can do it either way, that makes me more likely to purchase this release. Thanks!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I bought the individual ones years ago. I still watch the show from time to time, because it was classic show with music, clothes and guest stars. I think CSI Miami is like the new modern version of miami vice, except that it is basd in the lab.

I wish they would have released the one episode that was not aired for its graphic depictions.

If you grew up in the 1980s then this is was a classic show.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by younger1968

I bought the individual ones years ago. I still watch the show from time to time, because it was classic show with music, clothes and guest stars. I think CSI Miami is like the new modern version of miami vice, except that it is basd in the lab.

I wish they would have released the one episode that was not aired for its graphic depictions.

I did indeed, and I'm agreeing with you. I've been wanting to try it out with at least one season's worth, but if I do that, the complete release purchase would be out the door due to having that one season's worth. Still, I agree that it was a classic, and I'd like to try it out.

mrmike898

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Wagner

All 111 episodes have been released on DVD including the episode "Too Much, Too Late", which NBC did not air due to subject matter deemed inappropriate, but was eventually shown on USA in 1990. It can be found on the Miami Vice: Season 5 DVD set.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico

I don´t consider "CSI Miami" a modern version of "Miami Vice".

It isn´t even half as good as "Vice".

"Miami Vice" was/ still is the greatest TV series ever.

There is no TV show ever, who was as influential in our societs as "Miami Vice"

"Miami Vice" didn´t revolutionize TV but temporize it"-Don Johnson said on the Jonathan Ross show back in December 2009-on youtube.

"Miami Vice" changed everything: how people dressed, the music and the editing.

Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas were even on the cover of "Rolling Stone Magazine".

Never were two TV stars on the cover of "Rolling Stone Magazine".

Unfortunately, the show went a little bit down after Season 3.

In Season 4 the stories were odd- stories about U.F.O.´s etc....

To this day I love the black Ferrari of Season 1 and 2 and the sunglasses that Don Johnson(Welfayer) wore in Season 2+3

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino

"Miami Vice" didn´t revolutionize TV but temporize it"-Don Johnson said on the Jonathan Ross show back in December 2009-on youtube.

Don Johnson and Philip Michael Thomas were even on the cover of "Rolling Stone Magazine".

To this day I love the black Ferrari of Season 1 and 2 and the sunglasses that Don Johnson(Welfayer) wore in Season 2+3

[/QUOTE]

I think you are missing my point. CSI Miami has the music, clothes, guest stars, etc, which is similar to Miami Vice. The premise of the show is different, but, approach to how show integrates different things is very similar.

I do not disagree that Miami Vice set up fashion, music and guest stars as part the its hype. I just was making a point that CSI Miami was trying to acccomplish something similiar with its approach. I also prefer miami vice more than CSI, except i like Natalia's charater on CSI Miami (she is a dished).

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I remember disliking Miami Vice greatly at the time for all the things it's hailed for then and now, but given how television has pretty much gone down the tubes today I find myself enjoying this show immensely more than I ever did before. I used to say it's all fluff and no substance, music and speed boats when the writers' imagination ran out, but that's nothing compared to how utterly dull as dishwater similar over-styled crime shows are these days with a lot more talk maybe but it's basically all lab lingo and very little plot.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico

[/QUOTE]

I think you are missing my point. CSI Miami has the music, clothes, guest stars, etc, which is similar to Miami Vice. The premise of the show is different, but, approach to how show integrates different things is very similar.

I do not disagree that Miami Vice set up fashion, music and guest stars as part the its hype. I just was making a point that CSI Miami was trying to acccomplish something similiar with its approach. I also prefer miami vice more than CSI, except i like Natalia's charater on CSI Miami (she is a dished).

O.K.- I see your point....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnthinkableSol
Recent bookmarks