What's new

MGM to release SE of MAD MAX!!! (1 Viewer)

This is great news for fans of Mel and the movie that
put him on the map. This January 4 MGM is releasing a
special edition of this violent classic! The best news
is that it will be the original Austrailian language
soundtrack, remastered in DD 5.1. Of course it'll be
16x9 enhanced as well.

Ned

Supporting Actor
Why is that bad news again?
I rented the original version last week and although not perfect, the video was still vibrant with good sound quality (considering location/budget/etc).
------------------
My Home Theater Page

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
A movie doesn't have to be explicit to be violent. In Mad Max, the most violent scenes happen off screen. And since you get attached to some of the characters who die, it feels more violent than films where the carnage is more random.
M.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
I agree with the previous post. It's not graphic but the events are extremely brutal. The thought of Spoiler:the guy at the end either hacking his own leg off or blowing up still gives me the chills.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I too am ultra-stoked about this movie. I was looking for a LD version with the Aussie Dialouge. You can obtain Mad Max1 with Aussie dialouge on VHS at OTE video. You can also obtain a region2 Japan release of MadMax1 with Aussie dialouge. The upcoming DVD is very promising. I can't wait for this movie. It was one of my fave movies. Yes the violence is bad, but the movie portrays violence as wrong. I don't love violent movies, but I do recognize when violence is glorified in movies. I don't feel the violence in Mad Max 1 is glorified. Its going to be great to finally here the Goose's voice, and all those characters, including Max himself. I loved the sound of that supercharged and NOS equipped v-8 Australian Ford coupe. There are interesting facts about those cars and some cool websites. Do a search and you will see. One neat tidbit of information is that the actual car he drove never really had a way of disengaging the supercharger with that switch he had on the gear shift, although, of course, the NOS was selectable, heheheh. Only lasts so long :)
Oh yeah, and by the way, "Those hand-cuffs are high-tensile steel!" Kaabooommm!
Oh and I second the need for a Road Warrior SE. This is where I get depressed. i really didn't like the third film, although I waited for it with such hope. I wish another movie had been made instead of that Tina Turner/Railroad movie. Oh well.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Special Edition is also going to be really cool. Especially with all those super cool features. This is what home theater is all about. Really cool movies. I enjoy these movies the most.
[Edited last by Chris PC on September 27, 2001 at 06:32 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks