What's new

MGM March 03 line up Incl 1984 & Ken Russel's Women in Love amongst other greats (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Women in Love, Equus & 1984
3 more fullscreen Lasers I can retire!!!

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
Although i love the Eurythmics' music in the film, I wonder if 1984 will have an alternate soundtrack with Dominic Muldowney's complete original score. I highly doubt it, but i can dream, can't i? :D
From http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/1984.html :
"The score, which had promised to greatly enhance the film after its use in the theatrical trailers, ultimately became the largest controversy surrounding the film. The producers, against the wishes of the director, decided to scrap most of Muldowney's score in the film and replace it with pop songs by the popular 80s synth group Eurythmics. Needless to say, the inconsistency this caused in the music for the film was a substantial reason for the audiences' cold response to the film."

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Definitely some interesting titles on this list, but considering MGM's hit-and-miss track record, I'll eagerly await some reviews before shelling out any dough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks