Real Name
Bob
276135891-10159808232589860-3905501958211840941-n.jpg

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Glad to hear it, but will the 3D errors that have been reported in the other thread be fixed first? Or are those unfixable?

EDIT: I see this was answered by Classicflix in the other thread:

In regards to the 3-D presentation, the stereoscopic alignment/restoration will be will be performed by the 3-D Film Archive and will be exclusive to our release.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Glad to hear it, but will the 3D errors that have been reported in the other thread be fixed first? Or are those unfixable?

EDIT: I see this was answered by Classicflix in the other thread:
And there you have your answer. :)

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
You know a movie is going to be great when the poster boasts, "naked fury".
And, it stars a guy named Biff!
I missed out on Man In The Dark. I won't miss out on this one.

Last edited:

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
The words, hubba hubba come to mind. Star Peggy Castle.

Attachments

• Peggie Castle 01.jpg
    Peggie Castle 01.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Peggie Castle 02.jpg
    Peggie Castle 02.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Peggie Castle 03.jpg
    Peggie Castle 03.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Mickey Spillane is, as far as I know, the only author to have played his own fictional creation on screen. He was Mike Hammer in the 1964 UK movie version of "The Girl Hunters".
Can't wait to see "I, the Jury".

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Biff Elliot was a very kind and gentle man. When he discovered that I had found and restored the dual-35mm 3-D print that was shown at the World 3-D Film Expo in 2003, he gave me a big hug and was quite emotional. His widow Connie provided the funding for this restoration!

Biff-collage.jpg
Mr. F…

Can we please confirm something?

Granted, you located and digitally restored I, the Jury several years ago, based upon a 35mm pair of prints.

You’ve mentioned that you personally paid for a 4k scan.

Either 3DFA or CF have now licensed the film - presumably through Canal - and CF has announced a new 4k 3D, which I’m betting will be magnificent, and a very important offering.

You’re also saying that Connie Elliot funded “this” restoration.

To be clear, will CF be releasing your original restoration, presumably as perfectly aligned as possible, or the UCLA restoration, which audience members have variously reported as being magnificently done, and not in need of further work…

or at least partially problematic in terms of 3D perspective, and in need of your expertise in the field?

Two more questions.

Were you at the TCM screening, possibly with someone representing CF, and if so, what was your takeaway?

How problematic was what you saw on screen, as prepared by Roundabout?

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's taken ten years for 3DFA to make this happen; Mickey Spillane's I THE JURY is coming to 3-D Blu-ray later this year from ClassicFlix! More details on this essential release will be announced soon.

Jury-6.jpg

It gets exhausting thanking you guys so profusely for these releases, but I'll keep doing it! It must kill you to have keep these projects under wraps until they are near completion. Forget Batman and Thor...you guys are my real heroes.

So, tell me...what are you working on next? HONDO? CAT WOMEN OF THE MOON? Just kiddin'. :3dglasses:

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I will support it but have to say I'm not looking forward to Prison Girls. The rest are very looked forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks