What's new

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Yes, and it's now Dec. 19 and the same theatre (AMC Veterans in Tampa) has one showing a day (mid-afternoon) for the next two weeks of the new Star Wars film in 3D IMAX. A sister theatre (AMC Woodland) has the same. Only ONE showing a day (IMAX 3D) for two weeks. I plan to go Tuesday.
Nice to see the Bay Area represented guys. Sun City Center Here.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Sorry, but I can’t understand why anyone would care about this. Although the 3D and restoration of “The Bubble” was excellent, I found it one of the dullest and amateurish movies that that 3D folks have worked on. Would the “Roadshow” version be that much better?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
How can you judge whether a film is truly good or bad if you’re not watching the complete version? The Bubble as original conceived and created by its filmmakers may very well be a better experience than an edited version cut down for the sake of fitting into a time slot.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Sorry, but I can’t understand why anyone would care about this. Although the 3D and restoration of “The Bubble” was excellent, I found it one of the dullest and amateurish movies that that 3D folks have worked on. Would the “Roadshow” version be that much better?

It's a dreadful movie but the 3D is the best you are ever likely to see. A chance to see it on the big screen in either version shouldn't be missed.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
How can you judge whether a film is truly good or bad if you’re not watching the complete version? The Bubble as original conceived and created by its filmmakers may very well be a better experience than an edited version cut down for the sake of fitting into a time slot.

The chances of any additional footage making "The Bubble" anything but even longer are slim but nevertheless I'll still buy it.:):3dglasses:

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Bob can chime in, but I think that the restored footage runs something like 21 minutes? That sounds much more substantial to me than just restoring a few extra reaction shots here and there.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
As we enter the final stretch of the campaign, I wanted to let you know what to expect for the next six days. I won't be posting any updates on Christmas Day.

Santa.jpg

On Thursday, I'll share the news of a VERY colorful bonus extra that I've been working to secure for this project over these past few weeks.

I'll be in the studio on Friday digitally mastering the 1948 Abbott and Costello radio show with their special guest, Bela Lugosi. I'll certainly post an update on my progress.

All of the bonus extras (with a few surprises) will be announced over the weekend. Backers will still have a chance to pledge and get their name in the restoration credits until the campaign concludes on Monday, December 30 at 9:00 PM EST. www.tinyurl.com/saveabbottandcostello

Thank you very much to everyone for your overwhelming support and generosity. This campaign has truly been a team effort and I am so pleased to have all of you on our team.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you and your families!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, I totally loved that one. I must’ve been watching it too loud when I watched it cause I accidentally woke my wife up. She came into the room expecting to find me watching some 21st century action tentpole and was utterly shocked to see Fernando “yealous” Lamas onscreen.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Watched Jivaro over the weekend. Good stuff. More entertaining than I suspected and excellent 3-D. Great job 3-D Film Archive! I’m also about halfway through the commentary.

Yeah, I thought Jivaro was a total blast. Can't resist a good jungle adventure movie from the 1950s - and the 3D and restoration were great! Thanks again to Bob and his team!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It’s ironic that as the films got more technically advanced in 1953/54, the less people saw them.
That sort of happened recently with 3D at home, too. By the time the technology improved and the bugs were mostly worked out, the majority had already moved on.

The masses are impatient, and have short attention spans. If it's not perfect right out of the gate, it's likely to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks