SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
Yeah, really the cartoon IS the bigger news for me.
There were so few of these major studio animated series shorts made in 3D, and to think that we finally get to see another one is just fabulous!

This leaves MELODY. LUMBER-JACK RABBIT, and POPEYE, ACE OF SPACE. Of these I'd guess only the last is maybe a possibility for a future 3D Blu Ray release. There IS a series of these 40's/50's Popeyes currently coming out you know...

S A M 33

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
OH, I'm very happy to be getting the feature, no question.
But the cartoon is serious gravy, and ask anybody who has seen me eat Thanksgiving dinner, I LOVE gravy!

S A M 33

Reactions: dana martin

Bob Furmanek

Producer
Insider
Real Name
Bob
We haven’t seen the scans yet but from what I’m told, there is some color fading. This was shot on very early Eastman color 5248 negative stock so I suspect some blue is gone.

Most of the original three channel stereo track survives but when it was dubbed in the early 90s it was badly deteriorating with vinegar syndrome. We’re waiting on a test scan of one reel now but it sounds like it won’t be usable.

Rest assured, Eckhard is waiting in the wings to work his audio magic!

Last edited:

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
If there were awards for most things dangling into the screen for movies, "Parasite" would definitely be a contender, right next to "Comin' at Ya".
William Cameron Menzies would be proud.:):3dglasses:
Charles "One Man" Band's secret weapon was Mac Ahlberg whose photography made his movies, no matter how dire, look much better than most of them deserved.
If nothing else "Parasite" reminds us just how gorgeous Demi Moore was (and probably still is).
Thanks to Bob and co. for putting it back into circulation.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iampapaking