What's new

Matthew Chmiel: The Most Pathetic Teenager Out There (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
After the mock Chuck Barris biopic "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" is released later this year, your knowledge of the Unknown Comic and Gene Gene the Dancing Machine will make you the envy of your peers.

In the mean time, take heart in the fact that at 33, I think of myself as the sum of two pathetic 16-1/2 year olds.

Have you considered a sig pic where you wear an unknown comic-style paper bag with the jester hat on top?

Regards,

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Matthew, think of it this way......the weird, pathetic ones in my high school are now the bosses and raking in the ca$h.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I was weird and pathetic in high school but I am most definitely not raking in the cash. Heck, I'm still weird and pathetic. I'm a cranky bastard, too. No wonder I can't get a date... :frowning:

WoodyH

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew -
I was definitely one of the 'wierd and pathetic' ones all the way through high school. Now...well, I'm sure there are some that would still put me in that camp, but overall, opinions of me seem to range from 'pleasantly quirky' to 'pretty damn cool' - so it's not all bad. :D
...I had a thing for goth girls in college.
Had? You mean we're not supposed to anymore? ;) I still do...(sigh)...I miss my 'goth' days...had to 'clean up' for my job, but still a freak on the inside! :D

Vanessa

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew -
Not too long ago I was that pathetic/weird teenager - what am I saying, I'm still pathetic and weird, just a few years more developed! ;) I watched SBTB everyday, along with GI Joe, Ducktales, etc (and a very sad summer where I watched Barney and Lambchop just to get the goat of my brothers). I didn't listen to fashionable music, read the same books, or watch the popular movies, unless I wanted to.
But, you have one up on me, at the time I didn't exactly let people see that side of me. I mean they knew I was a geek, but more a quiet one that unless you were friends with me, or wanted help with homework you didn't talk to me. On some level I still cared what people thought of me - people that I didn't even like! Now I don't care what people think, I watch whatever I want, listen to music most people have never hear of, and wear red clown shoes just 'cause I want to!
I think it's great that you are already becoming your own person, instead of being one of the lemmings that infest today's society. Besides, anyone who can watch movies like Hedwig and not answer it with "hmmm... well... that was weird..." is cool in my book!

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Until you develop a condition whereby you have no ability to constrict your anus, I don't think you'll be the most pathetic. Trust me; it ain't fun.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
...as we venture boldly forth into the territory commonly referred to as "too much information." :)

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Just to clarify: I am being facetious. Although I have been drunk enough to...Rain's right. TMI Zone has been reached. Back to talking about how pathetic Matthew is...I mean, isn't....uh...So are we thinking he is, or isn't? I'm confused.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Matt, come on, you're not pathetic, a bit strange, but def not pathetic, only kidding Matt, you're my favorite member of the HTF who's under 20 lives in Las Vegas and has a crush on Ring Bell.:D
Ok some of your tastes in movies and music are not really the type I would have gone for if I was 16, but thats what makes you unique, when I was 16 I was into Kung Fu flicks, the Electric Light Orchestra, and groping my schoolfriends, erm female schoolfriends that is, phew!
You're an intelligent young man, my advice is cut down on the video games, dvds and staring at your monitor all day, go out more and have fun, if you stay home all the time you will start getting chubby and overweight, and than no girl will want you, I'm serious, if I became overweight Sandra would leave me in a second, thats true love for ya!:D
See less movies, make more friends.:emoji_thumbsup:

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Matt,

You have more self-esteem and, dare I say, maturity than a lot of adults I know. Maybe more than MOST adults I know. Many people can't even take that first step and see themselves objectively and with a sense of humor. Stay different! The world is much more interesting that way.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Well, I am 18... a big Argento fan (Chmiel made me see the light actually :D ) and I would like that picture in my room :)
Regular people I find... are just that, regular. 92% of people I know from school are slaves to 'the next fad' and see fit that they look 'cool' and listen to the 'cool music' of the moment. For example, our school has a 'movie club' where we watch films that members vote to see... they always pick what they have already seen and never experiment outside the circle, sigh...
Chmiel, appreciate your uniqueness and don't let the other 'cool' kids tell you what you 'should' be.
By the way, it is unpossible that I not to be the smartest teenager on this forum ;)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Rocky Horror Picture Show said:
I don't think I even want to touch the Christou empire. :)
I find it good to know that I'm restoring faith in "young people today" even if I don't like most "young people today." If only there were more teenagers like me today... one can wish.... :)
Also, do any of you HTF members have a hot 16 year old daughter you can hook me up with? :laugh:

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Matthew, you are an old soul. Wise beyond your years. Take pride in the fact that your tastes and knowlege go beyond the boundaries of a "normal" teenager. That is a cool thing.
As for Saved by the Bell, I'm WAY older than you, and I still watched that and California Dreaming (or whatever the show was that followed) until they went of the air. And I think I've regressed. Now I watch SpongeBob Square Pants and the Rugrats!
P.S. I think you're pretty darn cute!:D

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Christina Pickles: St. Elsewhere
Susan St. James: MacMillan and Wife, Kate and Allie
Daniel J. Travanti: Hill Street Blues
:D
P.S. I think you're pretty darn cute!
Quick, dude, show her the picture with the money!!! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks